Face of Contusions

Itadori was walking around the school, his latest assignment completed. He was the only one in the compound, with Megumi going to check on his cousin and Nobara going to shop with Maki.

Sukuna was once again taking his ass off, deciding that rather than give the boy any chance to reflect on his life for fear of giving him his right to have silence, regaling him on the battles he'd had in his past life was the way to go.

As Itadori wondered if he'd ever stop, suddenly his skin prickled. The campus suddenly felt odd, like something that shouldn't have been had arrived.

"Something annoying has shown up again..." Sukuna groused.

"Something annoying? Where?"

"Don't worry about it, Yuji. It only has business with me, and he's not here. It's just that hood presence is quite large. He's currently in Kyoto."

"Who, exactly?"

"Oh, nothing for you to worry about. Now let me tell you about the time I killed a demon..."

...........

"I should pick up dual wielding," Miwa said as she sparred against Momo. They were trying to improve her range and accuracy with her energy waves. Momo, of course, was the perfect partner, being both quick and having less repair required than Mechamaru.

"Dual wielding? Aren't you already pretty capable with Iaijutsu and conventional swordfighting already?" Momo said as she dropped from her broom to avoid a slice that came too close to avoid otherwise and controlled the broom to land in her hands, pulling herself up while twisting to avoid slashes and saving her broom.

"Hey, careful with this! Do you know how expensive this broom cost?" Momo yelled as she pulled herself up, only to duck when a wave came up for her head.

"It's like 5.99 Momo, I was with you when you bought it," Miwa yelled as she threw another wave of cursed energy at the disgruntled girl. Frowning at her inability to hit Momo, she grabbed her linked sword and, with a grunt, sent out two energy waves.

That got Momo, and she went down with a grunt and a third, blood spurting from her leg and broom cut in half.

"As I was saying," Miwa said as she walked towards her, sheathing her normal sword and letting her linked sword float into her right, "It's not enough to just be good at one-handed swordsmanship when I have two swords. Why would I just keep myself where I am when I can do more with my abilities?

"Besides, I have some ideas about a style that I think would be cool, and they all require dual wielding knowledge so... yeah." Miwa's said with a light blush as she helped Momo up. 

"Hmm." Momo mused as she grabbed Miwa's hand, wincing a bit.

"Something wrong?" Miwa asked, concerned. "Other than your leg, of course."

"No...also, cheap shot. It's just...your hand feels a bit cold."

"Really? I don't really feel that cold though. Maybe it's an effect of the link," Miwa said as she rubbed her hands.

"Huh. Well, I'll be with Mai. We're going to the movies at like 3, by the way. You coming with?" Momo said as she grabbed the pieces of her broom and gripped them against her leg, wincing again as she put pressure on it by accident.

"Are you gonna be ok with that leg?" Miwa asked, concern seeping into her voice.

"Yeah," Momo said through her teeth. "So are you going, or..."

"Oh, um... I don't think so. Making a style is pretty hard, so..."

"Starting now, huh?"

"Well, I was thinking a little later, actually." Miwa said sheepishly, rubbing her head. "But yeah, I was planning to work until like four, making it."