Meeting the Avenger for the second time(Part Two)

Peter and the avengers sat in the living room, staring at each other.

"Soooo..." Peter broke the awkward silence. "We're certain I'm in the past?"

"Yes." Tony said. "It is 2016 and you said it was 2025. That makes me 99% certain you're in the past."

"What about the other one percent?" Peter asked curiously.

"That's the part of me that thinks you still hit your head." He shrugged.

"But he's also older." Nat stated. "We met him a couple months ago and look how much older he looks compared to that."

"So what's the future like?" Clint asked eagerly.

All the avengers subconsciously leaned forward. Peter looked down at his hands.

"It's....ok." He said at last.

"That's it? No details? C'mon, give us a little more than that!" Sam complained.

Bucky smacked him upside the head. "If he doesn't want to share, he doesn't have to."

"No, it's ok." Peter said. "What do you want to know?"

"Are you an avenger in the future?" Rhodey asked.

"Yes. Next question." He said vaguely.

"Are you worthy enough to pick up Mjolnir?" Thor questioned.

"Sadly no." Peter said.

"How did May die?" Bruce spoke up.

Peter tensed.

"A villain." He said stiffly.

Nat studied him.

"How come you thought Tony was an illusion but not Rhodey or Bruce?" She asked.

Peter froze as flashbacks of the war with Thanos and Tony dying popped up in his head. He took a deep breath and looked around. When he saw Wanda's eyes start to glow red, he did his best to shove his thoughts away.

"Do not read my mind." He said venomously to Wanda. "14 year old me might have been fine with it but 18 year old me is not so please respect my privacy."

Wanda's eyes stopped glowing and she looked at him guiltily. "You're right. I should have at least asked first or something. I apologize."

They all sat in awkward silence. The avengers were waiting for Peter to answer Nat's question and Peter was waiting for someone to change the subject.

"So, did you get into a good college?" Tony broke the silence.

Peter smiled at him gratefully. It was nice to have Tony back but it was taking everything in him not to have a breakdown.

"Not really. I'm enrolled in a community college." He answered.

"Why?" Steve spoke up for the first time. "You're way too smart to just go to a simple community college!"

Peter chuckled darkly. "Yes, well, that's life I suppose."

"Would it have anything to do with the spell you told Dr. Strange cast so everyone forgot Spider-man's identity?" Nat asked.

Everyone looked at her in confusion.

"When did that get said?" Wanda asked.

"During the interrogation?" Nat phrased it like a question but her tone made it clear that it was not. "You know, the one you were supposed to be paying attention to?"

"It must have been when Tony and Steve were fighting about who wasn't going to answer Fury's call and eventually settled on having me answer the phone." Pepper said, walking in.

"So, what did Fury want?" Tony asked while Steve looked down guiltily.

"He said he wants to interrogate Peter himself and he'll be here tomorrow. He also said we're smart enough to find a way to send Peter back to the future by ourselves and he's too busy finding out which of his agents are Hydra spies to send help." Pepper responded.

"Why is it only my questions getting ignored?" Nat asked, annoyed.

"Because your questions are the hardest ones to answer and if I let those memories out of the neat little box I keep them in, you'll have a very unstable Peter on your hands. And you don't want that because, trust me, I'm a lot more powerful than the 14 year old you know." Peter said.

Everyone stared at him in shock.

"Is the future really that bad?" Bucky asked in concern, getting over his shock quickly.

"For me, yes. I'm not sure about you. This is actually the first time I've seen you in almost two years." Peter informed them.

"Well, after that depressing topic, would anyone like a drink?" Tony asked, hopping up and walking into the kitchen.
"Tony, no!" Pepper got up and followed him. "We haven't even had dinner yet!"
"I guess that ends our discussion for now?" Bruce said awkwardly.
Peter nodded and walked after Pepper and Tony.
"Don't forget Fury is coming to question you tomorrow!" Nat called after him.
"What about the rest of our questions?" Clint asked, disappointed.
"He'll share when he's ready." Nat said, so quietly that Peter wouldn't have been able to hear it if he didn't have enhanced hearing. Peter walked into the kitchen and over to the pantry. He felt Pepper and Tony staring at him but he ignored them and pulled out a box of noodles to make spaghetti.
"You know how to cook?" Tony sounded extremely surprised, which earned him a smack upside the head from Pepper.
"I had to learn since I live alone." Peter shrugged.
He boiled some water in a pot and poured the noodles in. He grabbed some tomato sauce and simmered it in a pan as he chopped up some vegetables to go in it.
"Oooooh, fancy." Clint said, walking in.
He stuck his finger in the sauce and tried it.
"Hey!" Peter exclaimed indignantly. "Get away from the food! It's not done."
Clint held up his hands innocently.
"Someone had to taste test it to make sure it was good." He stated.
"Shoo." Peter pushed him out of the kitchen and continued cooking.
Steve walked in next.
"Want some help?" He offered.
"It's almost done but thank you." Peter said politely.
He mixed the sauce and noodle together and turned off the burner.
"Dinners ready." He called.
Immediately, the kitchen was swamped with people. Finally, everybody got their food or was walking to the table. Peter sat down between Steve and Nat and started eating.
"Thank you." Nat said. "You didn't have to cook dinner."
The rest of the avengers quickly thanked him as well.
"I know. I like cooking though. It's distracting."
Peter replied.
The avengers broke into different conversations with the people around them. The noise was a little too much for Peter's ears so he finished his food quickly and stood up.
"I'm going to bed." He announced.
He put his plate in the dishwasher and headed to his room from four years ago. Everyone called goodnight and went back to their conversations. Peter entered his room and laid down on his bed, not bothering to take his shoes off. He took a deep breath. Today had been...strange to say the least. And difficult. He had almost had a mental breakdown several different times. He felt his eyes start to droop and he closed them.
'I'll sort it out tomorrow.' He thought tiredly and let himself drift off to sleep.