Chapter 7: New Days

Sergio and Emily kept talking about how she liked him and she found he felt the same way. They got together, even though you technically can't do that in a zombie apocalypse. They drove for another 2 hours until they were out of gas and everyone filled up. They found a fenced in area they could sleep in for the night. Everyone just slept in the car they were in to stay safe. At 9:30 everyone was awake. They ate and headed to the road. After 37 minutes, it was decided they take a break. They set out chairs and everyone started talking. Emily brought up a conversation. "I love Sergio. I have ever since we met on the day of the apocalypse." Ethan stood up and yelled. "You what?!? How could you do this to me?" He rushed Sergio but Emily stopped him. Ethan hit her and it all started. Sergio hit back and Ethan was stunned. He fell and got back up to hit Sergio;however, Edgar disliked how Ethan hit Emily so he protected Sergio and hit Ethan. Ethan was furious. He apologized to Emily realizing he was incorrect. Everyone needed alone time so they started to drive again. Ethan requested for Emily to ride with him and Sergio made it very clear not to even touch her after the last incident. They drove and Ethan started to talk with Emily. They talked everything out and Ethan pretended he was okay with everything when really, he was pissed. They once again found a camp. This one had double fencing and was protected in the interior by a man-made river. They set up camp and made the fences stronger. It was finally time for bed. Ethan watched as Sergio made 3 tents. His was a bigger one for 2 people. Ethan was still upset about what happened. He even watched as Emily entered the tent with Sergio. Everyone went to bed and awoke to the sound and smell if cooking food. Edgar was actually cooking! Cooking. When everyone got out of their tents, a whole meal was waiting. Edgar even collected supplies. He also found ice to help Emily's injury from the previous day. A To do list was given to everyone for the day. Sergio had to make camp safer and unpack. Emily volunteered to start a little farm and get bigger and better tents. Ethan and Edgar had to collect fresh water and food. Everyone finally finished at around 3:00 and had 7 hours until their usual time to sleep. Sergio set up his tent on the inside and even made protection for every tent. Everyone had a "home" and was ready for the night. Ethan decided to leave on a ride with the car, obviously not Sergio's Cadillac, and gather supplies. It became 10 and everyone was ready to sleep but Ethan hadn't returned. They decided to go ahead and sleep knowing that Ethan would find his way back. The next morning came and Ethan was in his tent sleeping. The car wasn't there. He woke up and explained how the car was an hour up the road with no gas just full of supplies. Sergio decided to take gas and get the car. 1 hour went by and Sergio reached the car. He searched it to check what things Ethan gathered. He opened the "glove box" and found a pistol fully loaded with an extra clip. He left it and drove back. He parked the car inside camp and got out. He went to his tent and hid his shotgun inside. Just incase. Ethan might try to do something crazy. The day passed with everyone just relaxing until 10 when everyone decided to sleep.