Chapter 9: Thoughts

Sergio and everyone went to sleep and got comfortable. Sergio had a dream. He was in his Cadillac and a group of zombies surrounded him. He got out the car shooting and was eaten. Sergio woke up. He left his tent and noticed it was 2:17. He worked on his car and tried to get it fixed; Sergio took the windows from the car they got when Ethan was kidnapped. He decided he needed supplies so at 2:33 he left to get supplies. He got paint and doors of the same car, he got everything. Sergio returned to camp at around 4:00 and Ethan was outside of his tent in a chair. He never knew Sergio was awake or that he left until he heard him walking to the car. Ethan felt bad and decided to talk to Sergio. "I am sorry for the car. You know you don't have to leave right? We need you." Sergio just stared for a minute and replied,"I have to leave, it's not going to work here when I always seem to be in the way and giving commands." Sergio turned away and started to take the Cadillac doors off. He thought for a second. The Cadillac wouldn't be the same without all of the same parts. Sergio decided he was going to fix every part. He took all of the doors off and set them down. At 10:00 everyone was awake and Sergio was still fixing the Cadillac. He ate with everyone and went back to fixing the car. It seemed to everyone else that's all he wanted to do. At around 1:00, he had finished the doors. He started to work on the engine and noticed it was going to take a while to fix. Two days passed of Sergio fixing the car and then Edgar decided to have a conversation with him. "Are you really going to leave when you finish? You know we can't survive alone." Sergio answered," I am leaving no matter what anyone thinks and I will do it proudly. Edgar thought and decided to reply. "If you're leaving, then I will go with you!" He started to help Sergio fix the car. One week passed and the car now only had dents that needed fixing and a painting wouldn't harm either. The dents were fixed and the car was back to normal beside the paint. Sergio and Edgar painted it and when they finished it was 10:00. Everyone went to sleep. Early in the morning, around 5:30, Sergio woke up. He packed everything and was ready to go at 8. Ethan, Edgar, and Emily woke up at 9 and Edgar noticed Sergio had packed his things too. No one thought Sergio was serious about leaving until now. Sergio and Edgar were saying goodbye when Emily asked a question. "Can you stay for just one more day and help us keep camp secure?" Sergio got out of the car and agreed. The last day Sergio would ever see Ethan and Emily came. Edgar also got out of the car and everyone sat in a chair for about an hour talking. At 1:30, it was time to get to work and help.Emily and Ethan prepare for when Edgar and Sergio left. They helped make sure the camp was safe and that tbere was a lot of supplies so the supply runs would be short. Everything was done and at 6:00 they ate dinner. Everyone talked until 9:00. It was now time for sleep and the last night everyone would be together in a group.