Chapter 16: Being the Perfect Prince

Syed was being interviewed by the paparazzi, he now changed his aesthetic from grunge and edgy to proper and prince-like, and his hair turned lighter. He was wearing a black blazer with white detailing and black pants.

"Syed! Syed! Syed!" The paparazzi said to him.

"Syed, please, over here!" One person said. He couldn't identify who was talking to him because it was crowded with many people. He felt a bit claustrophobic inside of him. "Only three days to the Royal Cotillion." Another one said. "Ever think a guy like you would be Man of the Court?"

Syed felt distracted by the lights and the talking while Isabela walked up wearing a purple dress with black shoes, her hair was tied up in a braid. She was eating an apple. Syed hated the questions answered but he tried to be serious about it. 

"Okay, all right. Excuse me." Isabela came her way as she wrapped her arms around him. "Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes."

"Did you think you'd be with a villain kid?" A reporter asked Isabela.

"Syed? Is your dad still a mouse?" Another one shouted in his face.

"Alright we are done here," Isabela said to the crowd of reporters and tried to ignore what they are saying.

Then Mr. Lightfoot walked by Syed and Isabela and the reporters. "Okay, okay!" He said. "This is still a school. So if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing! Either way, you need to"

Then the crowd of reporters started shouting.

Then some of the security guards came in and took them to the nearest exit.

"Thank you!" Mr. Lightfoot said as he waved goodbye.

"Thank you, guys!" Isabela called out.

"Thanks!" Syed said as felt like he meant it.

"Syed. Isabela," said Mr. Lightfoot with a nod.

"Yes," Syed and Isabela said in unison.

Syed looked at Isabela. Isabela smiled at him. "Don't pay any attention to them."

"Well, that is easier than done," Syed said as he chuckled.

"You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away." Isabela said.

Then Isabela checked her phone to see what time it is. "I have a council meeting. I'm so late."

"That's okay! We'll do it sometime." Syed said just before he saw Hobart walking up to him.

"If we don't do a fitting for your suit right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" He said. "Hi. Let's go."

Then Syed waved to Isabela. "Bye Isabela."

"Bye." Isabela waved back.

Then the paparazzi came back to tell Isabela some questions.

---

Syed and Hobart were back at their dorm when it shown a rat cage with Syndrome in rat form, laying there. As Hobart was measuring Syed's suit, straightening up his shoulders, Syed felt a bit uncomfortable. "Okay, Hob, I can't sit." He said tiredly.