Chapter 17: What's My Name

Rana was sitting on her computer. The TV was playing showing the clip of Syed and Isabela with Remy again.

She was typing on the computer aloud. "How to get out of the friend zone." She said while typing. "I see you reading over my shoulder." She hugged Katie as she giggled.

Then Syed walked over to the dorm, trying to hide from the paparazzi, he saw the TV and grabbed the remote and turned it off. His eyes suddenly turned green when he was kind of angry on the inside.

"Whoa, easy Syed." Rana said.

"What?" Syed replied. "You think this is so easy?" Syed was upset because being the boyfriend of the king's daughter might be tough. "You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo!"

"I mean, it's not that I could even say boo but, you know..." Syed signed as he forgot what he said.

"I'm sorry," Rana replied.

"Rana? Don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?" Syed asked.

"You're thinking of my father, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No." Rana said while Syed just shook his head. "Oh hey." Rana gave Syed's attention as she closed her computer and stood up. "Did you bring it?"

Syed signed and grabbed a tiny box and started to open it. They looked over and saw Leta sneak in as she slowly and quietly closed the door, she threw the key up and then saw Syed and Rana staring right at her.

"Hi." Leta awkwardly chuckled a bit. "Just came to use your 3-D printer. Won't be a sec."

"Wait a minute, how did you get a key to my room?" Rana asked her.

Leta looked at the key shocked it was in her hand. "I printed it off last time I was here." She said as Syed and Rana looked at her confused.

"You guys were sleeping." She added.

"Look, I just-- Your printer's so much better than mine, and you install these hacks and everything runs so much smoother than mine and--" Leta almost finished her sentence before Rana cut her off.

"Out! Now," Rana said.

"Fine. Fine." Leta replied as she started to leave.

"And Leta." Rana stopped her. "Leave the key."

Leta fake smiled, held the key up, and put it down on the table. She opened the door and slammed it behind her.

Rana looked back at Syed. "Syed?" Syed looked back at her.

"My potion?" Rana asked.

"Yeah, Um..." He held it up to show Rana.

"So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to Isaac?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummy, so..." Syed said. "Take it or leave it." He added.

"Perfect," Rana said.

Syed stopped Rana for a second. "Hold on, though. Are you sure that you want to be taking this? Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know..."