The only choice | chapter 27 - Cassie

I open my eyes and find myself in a dull lighted room. There's no windows or anything at all. My hands are cuffed and I'm on the ground. My head feels better. I try to touch it but realise once again that my hand aren't accessible. I feel something on my head, like a plaster or a wrap. 

Where am I, and what time is it?

The only thing I can do is shout. I shout over and over again, hoping someone hears me eventually. But it's hopeless. I feel like I'm somewhere away from the whole world. Somewhere no one will ever find me. Am I dead? I try to look into my phone but its nowhere to be seen. The last thing I remember is Rafe. Rafe who killed my dad. Rafe who claimed he loved me. Rafe I loved. My Rafe. Did he put me in here?

Dad. Oh dad, how could I let this happen to you. All I can think of is why? Why were you murdered and what did you do? I sob while trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. 

...

I hear a loud noise and suddenly the door opens up. I don't see any light but I don't think I'm outside. Ward comes in and I'm stoned. My whole body is shivering and I try to not make any sound.

"Oh well, I knew I'd find you here young lady." he sits down in a chair in front of me. "Did you put me here? Get me out you fucking murderer!" I try to jump.

"Let's not call each other names Ms.Cassie."

"Let.me.fucking.go.you.disgusting.animal."

He looks me in the eye and takes out his gun. My eyes glare on the floor as he puts the gun on there. Even though I'm on the ground, there's no way I could reach it.

"Now let me tell you a little story about a person who thought they could outsmart me.  Your dad used to work for me, did you know that? See your father was smart enough to steal a nice amount of money from me. I confronted him but he lied and kept denying it. The first thing that came to my mind was asking Rafe to kidnap you so I could blackmail him. I knew I should take it slow and step by step, so instead, I kindly asked Rafe to make you like him and take you out on a date one day so we could kidnap you in peace. I knew Rafe would do anything to make his dad proud."  

I can't believe what I'm hearing. My tears flow down my cheeks as he continues.

"Then I figured this would take too slow and might now even work. So I told Rafe to just drop it. Said I don't need it anymore. I never told him why and what I needed you for. I guess he didn't think much of it.

I got angry and sent my people to teach him a good lesson. Time passes, still nothing. I tried talking to him but we made no progress. I didn't get my money back. He kept saying how he spent all the money to people who he owed for drugs and alcohol and the card game bets that he lost. Briefly, I told him he has about 2 weeks to get the money back or else he's dead.

Two weeks passed and no sign of him bringing the money. My patience ran out and I had to do what I had to do. I called Rafe and explained him everything. He was down for anything. Little did he know it was your dad who stole my money. 

We met with your dad, back in that forest and he kept saying he needs more time and that he'll get it to me. But I knew it was all bullshit and he wasn't giving me back anything. You know, there's no way he'd find all of that money. 

So I took the gun and did what I had to do.  And you with your curiosity, entered the story unscripted and messed everything up.

See I didn't know you guys kept talking after I told him to stop. He didn't kill you when I told him to. Well, Romeo must have fallen for your smile." He smiles.