Steve and The Huge Upside-Down Stalk (Jack and The Beanstalk):

Cast:

Steve Harrington as Jack

Mrs Harrington as Jack's Mother

The Mind Flayer as The Giant

Argyle as The "Funny Little Man"

_____________________________________________________________________

Once upon a time, there lived a widow woman, Mrs Harrington, and her son, Steve, on their small farm in the country just on the outskirts of Hawkins.

Every day, Steve would help his weakening mother with the chores - chopping firewood, weeding the flower garden and milking the cow. But despite all their hard work, Steve and his mother were very poor with barely enough money to put food on the table for the week...

                                                                                      ~

"What shall we do, what shall we do?" said Mrs Harrington, who was anxiously glancing around the room one spring day. "We don't have enough money to buy new supplies for the farm this year. I know you don't want to do this, ok, but we must sell our cow Brenda, and with the money we can buy enough supplies to last us a good old while."

"It's all right, mom." sighed Steve, "It's market-day today, actually. So yeah, I'll uh...go into town and sell Brenda."

So without any delays, Steve took the cow's halter in his hand, walked through the garden gate and headed off towards town, a.k.a Hawkins, which was about a 10 minute walk away from the farm. He hadn't managed to get far when he met a funny-looking man who said to him: "Ah! Good morning, my brochacho Steve. I see that hair's been treatin ya well!"

"Good morning to you too!" said Steve, wondering how the little, long-haired man knew his name.

"So, where you off to this fine morning?" asked the man.

"Oh, well I'm going to market to sell our cow, Brenda. Me and my mom really need the money right now so..."

The man smiled. "Well what a helpful son you are!" exclaimed the man, "In fact, I may just have a special deal for such a good boy like you."

The little man looked around to make sure no one else was watching and then opened his hand to show Steve what he held.

"Beans? What in the fuck am I supposed to do with these?" asked Steve, looking a little confused.

"Three magic beans to be exact, bro. One, two, and three! So magic that if you plant them overnight, by morning they grow right down through the ground!" promised the funny little man, his long brown hair flowing in all directions. 

 "And because you're such a good mama's boy, they're all yours in trade for that old milking cow. So, do we have a deal or no?"

"Well, I guess that sounds fair." said Steve, as he handed over Brenda's halter, put the beans in his pocket and headed back home to show his mother what he had got...

                                                                                           ~