THIRTEEN

{THIRTEEN}
                                           "You don't own me, I don't own you."

How are we feeling abt this?^^
-
Today was the carnival. I'm not sure what one would wear to one but considering this is east highland it would definitely be revealing. I decided to go simple and wear my baggy blue jeans and black crop top with ashtrays gray zip up.

"Your hat makes you look cute." I tell ashtrays who's complains about fez making him wear a "pretzelmania" hat. "That makes it a bit better but I'm still mad as shit." He mumbles and I laugh.

Soon we make it there and I depart from ash to find Maddy. "You always do this to me!" Maddy yells at Nate through the phone as he keeps switching the place he told her to meet up at. We walk around a bit before we're met by the man himself.

"What the fuck are you wearing? You look like a hooker." Nate says and then goes on about how his family already doesn't like Maddy. "Go home and change." Nate says before storming off.

I tell Maddy I'll be back since I told ash I'd check in with him after a bit. As I approached the stand he was nowhere to find so I went around the back only to find him kissing some girl. "Oh um, I'll come back later." I say before awkwardly and quickly walking away. I was a bit upset. But I didn't own him and he didn't own me.

I make my way back to Maddy then me and her walk away only to find Cassie who's sitting down, looking like shit. "Not having fun?" Maddy asks and Cassie shakes her head no. "Wanna do molly?" She asks and Cassie's face brightens up.

I'd never done any drugs other than weed but I guess I'd make an exception. Maddy then walked up to fez and got three tickets. By the time we made it back to the stand ashtray was back in there, the same girl sitting in the corner. "How many pretzels?" Ashtray asks, looking me up and down.

"We don't eat carbs." Maddy says and I laugh a bit. "3," I mumble and ash shakes his head, walking back. He comes back with the three pretzels and we take them walking away. Maddy and Cassie boy throw away their pretzels but I was hungry as shit.

I looked in my pretzel but there was nothing. "Here just take some of mine." Maddy says insisting he just forgot. He didn't. I was a bit nervous about it and I should've because it stung like a bitch. We then all departed from each other and I found myself wrapped up with rue and sailor moon looking for Gia.

Soon we spotted her smoking with Troy and Roy and I shook my head. How many times do I have to tell that girl. I then let rue take it upon herself to talk to Gia because after all she was her older sister. I was quite hungry and the drugs were kicking in, every single light in the carnival being more vibrant and bright than before.

I walked up to a stand which looked like it was selling chili. A man who looked about 50-ish handed me it and sent me a freakish smile. He reminded me of Nate and not in a good way, if there could be one.

I stood to the side as Maddy made an appearance. "I'm not supposed to be here right now because I'm dressed like a hooker!" Maddy says and I just stand back watching amused, eating the chili which was actually quite nasty.

"What in gods name is your problem?" A lady asks who I assume is Nate's mom by the way he's getting upset at Maddy. "You cunt!" She yells before pushing over the pot. I let out a laugh that was a bit to loud than it was supposed to be which made a few people look at me. Nate then violently grabbed Maddy's arm and dragged her away which concerned me a bit, I'd check on her later for sure because even barely knowing Nate, I knew he was reckless.

I walked around the carnival admiring the lights and enjoying my first time ever taking molly. That was until I ran smack into someone. "Amari I was looking for you." I hear a voice say which I then recognize to be ashtrays. "Here I am." I say slurring my words a bit, the high still in affect.

"Are you high? That was the only reason I didn't put it in your food. I don't want you fucking with that shit." He says and I roll my red droopy eyes. "You don't own me, I don't own you." I say shrugging trying to walk away but ash grabs my arm.

"Are you upset about what you saw because That didn't-" ash begins to say. "Why would I be upset? You can fuck and talk to as many girls as you like. Like I said I don't own you." I say before walking away. I lied. I was upset but I guess now I got my answer from seeing what I saw.

I turn into an alley which was basically made by the back of food stands to find Maddy on the ground crying. "Maddy?" I ask running up to her. I look at her neck, freshly bruised. "Did Nate do that?" I ask gently touching it. "Yes, but he loves me." Maddy manages to say through her sobs.

I never really knew what non-platonic love was so I had no room to speak but I knew. That wasn't love. "Maddy you have tell someone." I tell her. "No! Promise me you won't tell anyone shit?" She also and I shake my head. "Promise Mari!" She quietly shouts. " I promise." I say bringing her into a hug.

Yea, east highland carnivals were definitely nowhere near normal or even fun, because I knew that when I woke up I'd feel like shit. And I had to go to the shop and help ash sell. Kill me now.

A/N: you don't own her she don't own you🤷🏽‍♀️
Also Maddy baby....