FOURTEEN

{FOURTEEN}
                                                          "I'm not avoiding you."

-

I was avoiding ashtray. He offered me a ride after yesterday over text and I left him on read. I just decided that if he'd question it I'd blame it on the drugs. When I woke up I felt like absolute shit so the first thing I did was hop into the shower.

I didn't have anyone to impress to so I just wore a plain gray tube crop top and my camp cargo pants, pairing it with my Travis Scott's.

-

"Fezco!" I playfully shout as I enter the store. He gives me a small hug before I let out a huff and walk into the back room. That girl was everywhere. Including my fucking job. I put on a fake smile as I waved to her and ash looked at me. I rolled my eyes and sat down before a customer walked in. It was Troy or Roy I don't know. "Is buying drugs the only shit you do?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Is selling drugs the only thing you do?" He asks. "Actually yea. So make sure you have a good come back before for you open your big ass mouth. What do you want?" I ask as I receive shocked glares from ash and Troy. Or Roy.

Soon I got tired of watching that girl, who's name I learned was Kayla, rub her hands all over ashtray. I got up and walked out to the front where fez was. I grabbed a pack of gum and a huge bottle of water before I climbed on the counter, sitting crisscross.

"You good kid?" He asks and I nod. "Just tired." I admit truthfully. I then see ash walk out of the room and up to us. "Amari I gotta talk to you." He says grabbing my arm. "Not even a please or letting me give you an answer," I say rolling my eyes.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Ash asks as he shuts the door of the supply room. "I'm not avoiding you." I lie through my teeth. "Your acting like it's a crime for me to kiss someone who's not you." He says. "Whoa. When did I say that." I ask him, my hands crossed across my chest.

"I didn't mean it like that." He says. "You obviously did, but for what I'm not sure." I say and he runs his hands up and down his buzz. "What I'm saying is your acting like you've never seen anyone kiss let alone kiss someone yourself." He says and I roll my eyes. "I haven't kissed anyone for your information. But that's besides the point. Why do you think I'm "avoiding you" because of you kissing some girl?" I ask and he just huffs.

"Exactly." I say before opening the door, closing it in his face. "Y'all were hella loud," fez says. "He's pissing me the fuck off right now." I say and fez laughs.

-
"Gia your boy toy is annoying as fuck." I tell her as I pick up around my room. "He's cute." She says shrugging and I roll my eyes. "Why haven't you been talking to ashtray?" She asks and I laugh. "Ask him." I tell her.

As me and Gia are watching tv my phone buzzes.

                                                                   Ashtray🫶🏾🤏🏾
Im sorry.
Read at 5:24pm
                                                                                                                                  Ok.

Amari be for real.
Read at 5:26pm

I threw my phone down before groaning. I had school in the morning and I wasn't about to deal with his shit.

-

I rode my skateboard to school, not wanting to have ashtray drive me. "Maddy are you ok?" I ask knowing why she was wearing a turtle neck, sweater and shades in 90 degree weather. "Yea." She lies. I knew she wasn't and my prediction was proved true when I was called to the office.

"Are you friends with Maddy?" The principal asks. "Obviously and you knew that. Otherwise why else call me here." I tell him. "Tone young lady. I know it's been hard without your brother but no need to get out of line." He says. "You don't know shit." I say leaning back.

He looks a bit taken back before he speaks up. "What's your knowledge on Madeline's relationship with Nathaniel." He asks and I look out of the window to see Nate glaring at me. I flip him off before turning back to the principal. "Toxic but he loves Maddy, Maddy loves him." I say. I told Maddy I promised.

Soon school was over and I just wanted to go home. As I walked out of school, skateboard in hand I noticed ashtray leaning against his car, phone in hand. I tried walking past him but he grabbed me by the waist. "Ashtray let me go or I'll scream and people will think your kidnapping me." I tell him and he instantly let's go.

"What do you want." I ask. "I said I was sorry." He tells me. "And I said ok." I tell him. "Cmon Amari, don't be like that." He says dropping his arms to the side. "No ashtray, you think every fucking body has a crush on you!" I tell him. " Amari, I'm sorry." He says once more.

The longer he looked at me with those fucking puppy dog eyes the more I gave in. "Fine. Buy me ice cream and we can be even," I tell him and he gives me a weak smile before opening the door for me.

A/N: not everyone has a crush on you ashtray🙄 well Amari does...🤭