Chapter 10

Elisia's POV
"Elisia, please let me ex..." Damien uttered.

"Out of my room now!!" I shouted.

He disregarded my words and took a step forward. The determination and love in his mesmerising blue eyes made the anger in my eyes waver.The emotion in his eyes reminded me of the day I found him, my heart's desire, my true mate.

As he moved closer, I felt my resolve weaken.Each step of his broke down the walls I had bulit in those 4 years of pain.All those years of longing came rushing to me as he pulled me in to his arms.

I broke down in tears as I felt the warmth of his embrace.His embrace that I longed for throughout these four years. The warmth that I yearned for when Alex was born. The desire to feel his presence around me through those chilly nights.

I always seemed to think about what would have happened if he hadn't rejected me or if I had decided to stay after his rejection.

He wouldn't have missed out on all of Alex's wonderful first time memories; his first word, first steps and even his first day at school.

Thinking about it overwhelmed my heart with so much sorrow and pain.

"I am really sorry for all the pain you went through" he whispered to me while wiping my tears away. I could see the regret in his eyes. The thought that wished he could have done things differently.The guilt that kept eating him up gradually.

"I only did what I thought was right for us not knowing I was just pushing you away" These words of his made me think back to what actually happened all those tears ago. I was so excited about the prospect of meeting my mate and building a family with him. It didn't matter to me whether he was an alpha or just an ordinary wolf.

I only wanted to love him for who he was but sadly fate thought differently. The very word that brought butterflies to my stomach, that made me feel so giddy was the cause of my pain and suffering throughout these years. The word that instilled this coldness and indifference in me making me distant from the emotion love.

"I am really really sorry" He uttered after some time. My heart kept telling me that he really regretted everything he put us through.Even my wolf, Storm, had decided to forgive him. But my mind kept saying otherwise.

We stood there in the silence as I thought about what to say to him.

Should I forgive him for everything he did to me? This question kept ringing in my head as I pondered over his words.

Besides,he should have discussed this with me before making a decision. We could have actually made some plans to ensure my safety.Instead, he went ahead to decide for me. He ruthlessly rejected me after showing me so much love just a few hours ago. He made me feel like nothing just after treating me like the most precious thing in his life.

What if he decides to do that again? What am I to do at that time? Could I actually bear the heart wrenching pain all over again. He had broken me once already and I knew a second one would be impossible to recover from.

"Look at me, Elisia" He raised my head.

"I have learnt a lot of things after you left ...I am a changed man now.I have learnt the importance of communication."

It seemed as if all those years of my absence had thought him something valuable. The fact that he could actually say this meant that he had matured a lot.

"Just give me the chance to show you how much I love you."

He kissed me on my forehead caressing my cheeks. I leaned towards his hand as he continued.

"Just give me the opportunity to show you how much I care for you...okay?"

I nodded as he hugged me much tighter. This reunion brought so much peace to my heart and wolf.

I felt like all the burden and worries on my heart had been lifted. My smile was filled with so much joy and the thought of building a family with him made me feel like a teenager all over again excited about meeting my mate.

We sat on my bed as I leaned on his firm and muscular chest.The silence that ensued after was comforting.I felt at peace in his arms.The kind of security I yearned for throughout these years.

"So how did you end up as the alpha of the White Moon pack?"

"Well, after you rejected me I decided to leave and so l left your territory. After roaming around for about some weeks, I wasn't feeling well so I called Marcy and told her about it. She suggested I take a pregnancy test which came out positive."

"So why didn't you tell me you were pregnant after finding out?" He looked at me with so much hurt in his eyes.

"I actually thought you wouldn't accept the baby since you rejected me so I felt that there was no need to tell you about it."

Besides it was an unspoken rule in the werewolf world that if you reject your mate and she turns out to be pregnant later on you do not have any rights over the child.

So I decided to free myself from all those procedures and leave a happy and simple life with my pup.

"So back to the story, the day I found out I was pregnant, I was attacked by a rogue which nearly cost my life."

Suddenly, I felt an increase in the temperature of the room. I turned to see my mate seething in anger barely controlling himself from shifting into his wolf.

I immediately hugged him to calm him down. As he inhaled my scent, his eyes which had turned crimson at some point reverted back to its beautiful blue which could leave any female speechless at its beauty.

I finished telling him my story and then we ended up dozing off in each others arms after all we had been through that day.

The last thought on my mind was that I hope I made the right decision as i succumbed to my sleep.