Chapter 11

Elisia's POV
I woke up to the sweet kisses of my wonderful mate. It felt so surreal to finally wake up to the sight of my mate beside me. Something so magical...I finally had the opportunity to experience it.

"Good morning"

"Good morning, my love. How was your night?"

"It was wonderful since you were beside me" I admitted.

The moon goddess had given us such a beautiful gift in the form of a mate. Without your mate you lose yourself to your carnal instincts and your wolf. Your mate ignites the feelings and emotions that come with being human. It makes you feel less of a monster.

"So what do you want us to do today?"

"Nothing much."

I raised up my head to look at my wonderful mate only to notice the frown on his face. I could see that he was worried about something. The unhappy look on his face was an evidence of that fact.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Elisia, my love, when are you planning to tell Alex that I am his father?" He asked in return.

Goodness, I totally forget about that.

Alex has been asking about his dad since God knows when but I was planning to keep it from him till I at least could talk to Damien about it.

Truth be told, I didn't want Alex to go through the kind of rejection I went through. It is so heartbreaking to be rejected by someone you expected to love you. And I knew it would be much worse for a child like Alex to go through that at such a tender age.

The way he sees the world through his innocent eyes is so refreshing and I didn't want him to lose that by facing the pain of rejection.

I turned to look at Damien.

I could see the eagerness from him and his wolf to acknowledge their pup, their flesh and blood. The desire to shout to the world that Alex is theirs.

I decided to take that huge step due to the excitement and expectancy in the eyes of Damien.

"We could tell him over dinner"

I could feel the excitement radiating off of him. He was so eager to tell Alex that he was his father. To finally acknowlege his son infront of the whole werewolf world.

"Really?"

"Yes of course. Why wouldn't I ?"

He hugged me and started twirling me around. I burst into laughter at his reaction. It was filled with so much joy.

"Damien...stop that...put me down" I said in the midst of laughter.

Our family would finally be reunited and I couldn't ask for anything more.

"So I am off for training. After all, that is the reason why I came."

"Hey, wait for me Elisia" Damien said before following me.

We held hands as we made our way to the clearing for the training.

******

"Training was such a blast." Damien commented after training.

Damien said on our way back from the clearing after training. Training was so intense today. Everyone could not help but notice the looks we exchanged.

The eagerness, desire and thirst for each other was massive.

Damien's eyes were on me the whole time. I felt so self conscious at that moment. I couldn't even concentrate on the training.

His eyes were trained on me the whole time. He followed my every move like a lion waiting to tenaciously devour it's helpless prey, in my case, his mate.

I could feel that the pack had noticed the  looks exchanged between us. The females kept giving me glaring looks because of the attention I received from their Alpha.

But I couldn't care less because after all he is my mate. He is mine and they can't do anything about it.

"So how is the investigation going?"

"Well, I asked around and at the moment, I have someone in mind but I will tell you later."

I am doing a thorough investigation to get conclusive evidence before I confront the person.

I don't want to waste time on a person who could betray their pack. I wanted to end this once and for all, no loose ends.

I had Beta Max keep a close watch on Amber.

Eversince I stepped foot in this pack, she has been acting really weird. I thought it was because of how she hated me in the past but it turns out it is not so.

She has been going out at odd hours and always trying to snoop around the alpha's office.

I caught her once going through the documents on the alpha's desk.

I was really surprised.

********
Flashback.

I need to talk to Damien about how we are going to go about sniffing out the traitor in his pack.

As I was getting closer to his office, I heard some noises coming from his office. I felt suspicious so I decided to check it out.

I entered the study to find Amber rummaging through the files on Damien's desk.

"What are you doing?"

Feeling startled she dropped the files.

The look of guilt in her eyes gave her away.

" The alpha told me to come for some documents." She stated looking away from me.

This further confirmed my suspicions.

Whatever she was doing Damien was certainly not aware of it.

I immediately decided to keep a close watch on her.

As I was staring at her face, she immediately run out of the office, I made a mental note to make Beta Max get one of our trackers to trail her.

*******
" Elisia" Damien called bringing me back into reality.

I looked up to see his confused face as I was blank for a while.

" It is nothing darling,  the moment I get enough conclusive evidence I will drag the person to you." I assured him.

"Anyways, let's go an prepare for Alex's return from school."I said with excitement.

I could see the eagerness in his eyes. He could not wait for Alex to return from school.

We need to make sure that everything was perfect for the reunion of father and son.

Nothing at all could go wrong.