"Im sorry" - Maverick (1/2)

Requested by paytonegli

"NO, PETE, ROSES ARENT GOING TO FIX THIS!" you yell at your husband. Well, soon-to-be ex-husband.
"Y/N, please, what you walked in on wasnt what you thought it wa—" he tries explaining but you cut him off, sticking your finger in his face.
"Oh it was exactly what I thought it was. You don't get to tell me otherwise, Mitchell. I know what I fucking saw. SHE WAS ON TOP OF YOU AND YOU WERE MAKING OUT!"
"I WAS DRUNK, Y/N, COME ON!"
"I DONT FUCKING CARE, YOU STILL DONE IT. YOU BROKE MY GODDAMN HEART FOR THE FIFTH AND FINAL TIME. YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO PACK YOUR SHIT AND GET OUT OF MY GODDAMN HOUSE."
"Y/N— baby—" he starts, but you were already gone.

**2 days later, Maverick's POV**

"You gotta apologize, Mav." Rooster says as he watches me drink my pain away.
"She wont listen, she's stubborn," you say, taking another shot.
"Mom said before dad had died he would get her roses and ice cream whenever they fought."
"Carole and Goose had fights?"
"Mhm..all because he was gone for so long doing all of this," he says, pointing to the planes in the hangar.
"Roses and ice cream..huh.."
"Mhm..probably makeup sex too, which is probably how I was conceived."
You just nod, thinking about what to do.
"Tell the team I'll be back around," you check your watch, "18:00."
"Not a minute later or im gonna start thinking you're fucking her."
You elbow him playfully before walking off, getting on your motorcycle and going to Y/N's house.

**your POV**

At around 4 p.m. (16:00), you hear a familiar sound. You were too busy making dinner to go lock the door. You knew it was Maverick, coming to apologize once again. But, you didn't want to hear it. This is the fifth time with the same girl, he knows what he's doing.
After a moment you hear your door open and feel hands on your shoulders. You turn around quickly only to be faced with Pete, down on one knee and holding more flowers.
"I dont wanna hear it, Mitchell. Get. Out."
"Y/N, please.." he looks at your with guilt in his eyes. "I never meant to hurt you. Hurting you was the last thing I ever wanted to do, sweetheart.."
God, he knew how to mess with you. He would use his nicknames to get under your skin and back into your heart. You wanted to stay mad at him..but you couldn't.
"Fine, Pete, I'll hear you out."
He quickly gets up, smiling a little before kissing you. But, you don't kiss him back this time, making him feel like a piece of his heart got chipped off.

**after explaining**

You were in his lap, your arms wrapped around his neck, your head on his shoulder. He placed his head on your shoulder, rubbing your back as you cried.
"You maybe..wanna go get ice cream?"
You just look at him for a moment, wiping your tears before nodding. With that, he had picked you up and carried you to his motorcycle before quickly speeding off to the nearest ice cream parlor.

(To be continued)