𝙫𝙞

TODAY was Friday, aka the day of the truth

You had previously asked your older sister if she was free that day, just for confirmation, 'but' she told you she had to meet up with Heizou.

Oh boy, if she knew...

Thoma, on the other side, had to visit his mother...mhm

🍥​

Entering the café, you tried not to draw a lot of attention.

Even tho you and Heizou spent the last 3 hours trying to disguise yourselves, those who you were hiding from were, after all, your best friends; they could have easily recognized you if they were observant enough.

Heizou wore a silly yellow hat, a little too big on him since it covered his eyes too. As for the clothes, he tried his best to mime the literature students' style: a blue turtleneck, a long brown coat and some large pants.

You had to admit it; he didn't look too bad.

You, on the other hand, went for the psychology student's vibe: a simple white flannel tucked in enormous khaki pants.

Not to mention the blonde wig; an essential for the part.

🍥​

You were now both sitting at a little table in the corner of the room.

Looking through the menù but still keeping an eye on your surroundings, waiting for the pair to show up.

You quietly sighed, turning to look at Heizou.

He seemed to notice since he grabbed your hand gently to get your attention.

heizou
"you good?"

y/n
"yeah..."

However, Heizou was not easily convinced; his fingers intertwined with yours to comfort you.

y/n
"I was just thinking..."

"if this rumour revels to be true... why didn't they tell us about it before?"

"I mean, Ayaka is my sister and you are her best friend, why is she continuously lying about her whereabouts?"

Heizou lowered his head, pursing his lips.

heizou
"I've thought about it before and I have to admit that it let me down a bit but..."

"they ARE our best friends after all, we have known since we were all children so we ought to trust them, am I right?"

He squeezed your hands and your heart fluttered at the gesture.

You squeezed back; you could see a small blush making its way to his cheeks.

'cute'

🍥​

An hour had passed by and still no sign from the suspects.

In the meanwhile, you and Heizou had started talking and getting to know each other better, with the excuse of you being partners in the investigations...

heizou
"WAIT I can't believe it! You are telling me that Ayaka used to have a crush on Mr Kazuha? The damn poetry professor??!!"

y/n
"She used to write love poems about him ALL day"

heizou
"PFFFFFFFFF-"

However, suddenly, Heizou's laugh transmuted into a serious expression.

You slowly turned around only to see Ayaka and Thoma entering the café while holding hands.

heizou
"You are seeing that too, right?"

Heizou paused, seeking your confirmation.

You hummed at that, too focused on observing your best friend and sister. You could tell they were having fun; chatting together and laughing loudly. You'd bet it wasn't the first time they hung out.

You didn't say a word, and neither did Heizou.

Time passed by relatively slowly, and what appeared to be a date for the both of you, finally concluded.

Just as the couple got up from their sits, you silently replayed the events in your head, avoiding looking at Heizou and his probably hurt expression.

The sweet smiles, the corny comments and the long kisses the suspects had shared were exactly the proofs you both had been looking for. However, in all honesty, you felt betrayed, by both your best friend and sister, how could they play you like that? lying so obviously?

You took a glance at Heizou, who was staring at the ceiling lost in thoughts. However, once he noticed your stare, he turned his attention to you.

y/n
"now what?"

listening to old Portuguese songs is such a vibe, here:

also, thank you so much for almost 400 reads!!!

26/07/2022