𝙫𝙞𝙞

SILENCE filled the room

You were lying on the cold floor with Heizou, looking at the ceiling.

You thought that maybe, imitating Heizou's way of thinking, you could get the same results as the boy.

But there you were, head empty.

You couldn't decide if what you were feeling was anger or confusion, sadness or betrayal. You buried your face into your scarf and cursed into it.

heizou
"you look like an idiot"

His face turned to yours.

y/n
"I am one"

You turned your face to his. Heizou chuckled at you. 'What's so funny?'

y/n
"I don't know if I wanna continue investigating..."

You locked eyes, laughing awkwardly. Heizou furrowed his eyebrows, looking again at the ceiling and spotting two big spiders.

heizou
"do you like Thoma?"

y/n
"of course I like him, he's my best friend"

heizou
"no, I meant... like as in like like"

y/n
"I don't think so, no"

You also turned your stare at the ceiling, spotting the same 2 spiders.

"do you like like ayaka?"

heizou
"gosh no"

You laughed quietly at his offended tone. Then you completely turned your body to face him.

It had been 5 hours since the shocking discovery, yet you still had to plan your next move. You weren't brave enough to follow the couple after their date.

Instead, you went back to Heizou's room, seeking a silent place to concentrate and reflect.

y/n
"I wish I was a spider"

heizou
"that's dumb"

Heizou cleared his throat while he shifted position, meeting your insulted look.

heizou
"okay, I'm sorry. Will you ever forgive me?"

He fakely pouted, making you giggle.