𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆: harlan..

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

HARLAN..

Your perspective:

Jayme, Alphonso and I walked into Dad's office to do our duty and give him his daily pills. "All right, Reg, you know the drill." - Jayme sighed and shifted on the spot, holding out the salver with the elders medication on it.

"Pills, bills, and num-nums.", Alphonso hummed as he motioned for Reginald to swallow his medication.

"I'm not hungry."

"Come on, old man." - I eagerly spoke. "I'm really not in the mood for your bullshit today."

"Get a move on. Sit. Now. ." - Jayme demanded whilst glaring down at our father who swallowed hardly as his eyes locked with the piece of paper Alphonso held. "What is this?"

"Doesn't concern you, old man. We say sign, you sign." - my brother stated with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Don't make this harder than it already is.", I said, taking a deep breath— out of annoyance. Reginald tore his eyes away from the paper Number Four held and looked us three in the eyes.

...

"You're a champ, Reg.", Alphonso paused at an awful smell which happened to have reached all our nostrils. Alphonso's face scrunched up into a grimace. "Woo! Jesus, Reggie. You stink." - my brother stated as he slowly backed up, opening the door for us three to leave again. A grin spreading across Number Fours face as he and Jayme high- fived whilst I stayed behind to glance at Reginald one last time. The elder man had his head lowered and his hands placed in his lap. With a flick of my wrist, the door to our father's office slammed back into its lock.

...

The sound of my boots sank into the carpet- floor which mustered the lobby of an old, ran down hotel. My siblings and I gathered further into shabby walls of this hotel, only to be met with much familiar faces, facing us.

"Well, thanks for coming."

"Oh, yeah, super glad to be here." - said Jayme as her eyes wavered to look around the crumbling walls of this hotel.

"Where are the rest of you?"

"Are you taking attendance? They'll be here."

"Where's the briefcase?" , Allison had her hands buried inside her pockets as she held her head tilted.

"Where's our brother?" , Ben countered the question and shifted to the other side of the deal they had made.