A Void Success

"Your insolence is profound, little one, thinking such minute... Monster... weapons, can kill a TRUE GOD?!"

Papyrus could not stand so tall anymore, stumbling on the floating debris, one that under it lead to nowhere. "...HOW... I THOUGHT... YOU..." Papyrus stammered. The King's upper half was still covered by darkness, as they raised their arm and hand, with a long sleeve, and summoned a massive sword.

"Witness true power."

Papyrus could only witness as the sword came crashing into the debris, shredding the entire remains of the hall. He looked as his own slab disintegrated, and he fell down, down, down.

Papyrus awoke to darkness, a strangely empty wasteland with nothing holding him up. Huawei, dazzled yet surprisingly unharmed, was in the blackened air, their head completely exposed. Papyrus was close enough to put his hand on Huawei's ear, his face being that of a cat-like mammal, without any spots this time. "HEY... I SAVED YOU, FRIEND... I FINALLY SAVED YOU... I SAVED THEM ALL... DIDN'T I...?" he whispered, hugging Huawei. Huawei was shivering, "Yeah... you did... my... hero..." he said, remaining limp.

Papyrus looked off of Huawei, at the distant void. A strange nothingness washed over him, as if he'd... never even existed. He then realised, to his shock, that Huawei was gone. But, soon enough, Papyrus got over the feeling. Who even was Huawei?

Was any of this... real?

"Tra, la la. What an unfortunate state you have inflicted upon thyself," a dark voice taunted.

Papyrus tried to look around, his eyes missing.

"Sense is not a concept, no more. You may refrain from such, as it will not help you no longer."

Papyrus gasped, "WHERE... WHERE ARE THEY...? WHERE IS MY FRIEND...? WHERE AM I??"

"Your timeline, as you shall soon find, is in peril. Your choices here, have had devastating impacts. But your human, has started it. The larvae has become the butterfly, there is no return."

Flashes of ruin, dismay and misfortune that have bestowed upon the Snowdin Depths began to flash in Papyrus's mind, his only sight. "NO... NO! STOP IT!! PLEASE, I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T MEAN IT... I DIDN'T..." Papyrus cried out.

Papyrus's vision was restored, he was in complete darkness, only his physical self present, and a figure, much like the... cloaked figures... he saw before, in an ever-so familiar grey cloak. "...WHO ARE YOU..." Papyrus thought. "I am the River Person. I have been watching the events unfold before, your ignorance unravel, all to save the one whom is devastating your kind. It's admirable, to a blind eye," the figure uttered. "...WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS... WHERE... IS HUAWEI...?" Papyrus pondered. "All of this, and you're still concerned for one insignificant entity. That is why, indeed, you see me before your sorrowful desolate eyes. I am not an enemy, an observer if you will. Your kind is in a grave danger, Papyrus, your friends and your brother, the universe itself now," the River Person reminded.

"BUT... WHY... WHY ME... I DON'T UNDERSTAND... WHY DO I FEEL... fake...?" Papyrus's voice changed, cracking as his own sight began to fill with salted vision.

"I have been observing, observing for thousands of generations. Timelines, and universes, perish in my reign. You won't ever be able to comprehend, but I have seen everything." The River Person recollected, wielding up two clothed grey limbs to the skies.

"...WELL... I UNDERSTAND I HAVE MADE BAD CHOICES, BUT I SWEAR... I DIDN'T MEAN THEM, THEY WERE ACCIDENTS, I SWEAR!" Papyrus began to explain. "Shh, little one, your actions are only temporary. This universe as a matter of fact is truly irrelevant. The point at hand, more rather, is your redemption of these actions. Thou are the Depths' destructor, but as your Underground's saviour, shall will redeem thyself to me, and much alike," the River Person responded, coming closer and looking Papyrus in the eye, without any.

Papyrus looked behind the River Person, spotting two entrances. River Person then disappeared into the void, "Act for your timeline, or go back to the Depths, and collapse underneath its wealthy implosion," it said.

Papyrus looked at both, one was back to the Underground, the other to the Depths again, which already looked with despair. "...NO... I WILL NOT BE THE SO-CALLED SAVIOUR OF MY RACE! I AM JUST A NORMAL SKELETON... THE GREAT PAPYRUS! I WILL, HOWEVER, DO ONE THING RIGHT FOR THE DEPTHS AT LEAST, I WILL RECTIFY MY MISTAKES, AND BE THE SAVIOUR OF THEM, MY TRUE FRIENDS!" Papyrus called out, walking to the entrance to the Depths. The River Person scowled from an unseen fog, "Very well then, sacrifice as you must. That is your choice. Now go, get moving, and you may save but a morsel of your kind," it mocked like before.