Chapter 27

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mrs. Namwirote's POV

"Get out of my way, Cooheart, there's a good boy, you don't wanna mess with your mother, do you?" I tried to make my tone as persuasive as I could.

"Mom, no!" my son remained defiant.

"Why do you want to destroy your future when you can have a so much better future with Kao?" I asked angrily.

"I don't want a future with Kao, mom!" Cooheart was raising his voice at me now. I held myself back from hitting him across his face. "I want a future with someone who loves me."

"But what kind of future could you possibly have with someone who's unemployed and spends his time at home just to cook for you?" I demanded from my son.

Suddenly that boy toy of Cooheart spoke up.

"I am not unemployed, ma'am," I heard him say.

Cooheart turned his face to him without shifting his standing position between me and whatever his name was.

"Santa, you are employed???" my son's voice sounded surprised.

"Yes," I heard Santa say. "My brother hired me to help him do some bookkeeping for his tourist bus company."

"But, do you know how to do bookkeeping?" my son asked, still sounding surprised.

"Didn't I mention to you that I am enrolled in Business Management major in Accounting?" Santa asked my son reproachfully.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," my son's smile looked sheepish.

"One of my current subjects is Bookkeeping and I'm using my knowledge to help my brother," Santa said. "In exchange he's going to pay me an attractive salary."

"So after you finish your course, what's your plan?" I asked Santa, my voice starting to soften.

"I am going to review for the board exam to get my CPA license." he replied.

"What does CPA stand for?" Cooheart asked him.

"Certified Public Accountant." I was the one who supplied my son the information. "Just like what your Uncle Jimmy is."

Cooheart's eyes grew wide.

Of course he knew my brother Uncle Jimmy, the richest member of our family. With his lucrative profession of CPA, he had built a very large mansion on the outskirts of the city, he owned a fleet of cars, he owned several accounting establishments all over the city and he had an ongoing construction of a vacation villa by the seaside to cater to tourists worldwide.

Cooheart shifted his standing position.

He turned to face Santa.

"I think you should leave me now," Cooheart said firmly.

"What???" both Santa and myself said at the exact same time.

"I don't want to have anything to do with you now," my son continued to keep his voice firm.

"Why the sudden change of heart." I demanded from my son.

My son turned to face me.

"He's going to leave me once he's got all the money like Uncle Jimmy and he's going to have lots of boy toys around him!" my son started to wail, his wails turning into sobs.

Santa grabbed my son's shoulders, forcefully making my son face him and said angrily, "What kind of person do you think I am, Cooheart, huh? Huh??"

"I don't know!" my son was still wailing. "I don't want to risk getting hurt when you leave me for someone else."

"Listen, Cooheart," Santa started to say, his voice sounding serious and grim. "I am not like you. I am not fickle minded like you. Do not judge me by your own standards. I will not leave you at the drop of a hat just like you did to me when Kao tried to come back into your life. Read my lips, Cooheart. I. AM. NOT. LIKE. YOU."

My son raised his palm to hit Santa across the face but I grabbed my son's wrist before he could do so.

"Go inside, Santa, and please finish what you were doing before I interrupted you," I instructed Santa. "And I'm sorry for being harsh and rude to you. I need to have a heart to heart talk with my son right now."

"Yes, ma'am," Santa said, obediently starting to walk inside the unit.

"Just call me 'mom'," I called after him as he walked toward the kitchen.

"Yes, mom," he gave me a grateful smile.

After Santa disappeared into the kitchen, I turned to Cooheart.

"Cooheart," I said. "We need to talk."