Chapter 9: One Step at a Time (Finale of the GGO ARC)

(A/N): Just for your information, this one will be much longer than all the other chapters due to it being the last chapter of the GGO ARC. I hope ya'll enjoy!

(In the Real World)

(Ochinomizu Hospital)

(Chiyoda Ward)

3rd Person POV

While our hero is in Gun Gale Online, Aku, Akiri, Asuna and Kazuto were all in the hospital that Kuroudo is diving from. They all used the elevator to get to the right floor and rushed into Kuroudo's room where Nurse Aki can be found panicking.

Aki: Kirigaya!

Everybody saw (Y/N) sweating profusely.

Akiri: What's happening?!

Nurse Aki quickly turned to the group.

Aki: Oh! You're the ones 'Suit 'n Glasses' mentioned!

Aku: Is something wrong with him?

Aki: No. It may look bad but, his heart rate suddenly spiked.

Kazuto: Heart Rate? Why?

Yui: Mommy! Daddy! If you look to the right, there's a monitor showing LIVE footage of the MMO Stream!

Everyone started to look at the monitor while Yui turned it to the Stream. What they saw was Death Gun fight Kuroudo.

Asuna: Isn't that... (Y/N)?

Aki: That's Kirigaya's Avatar?

Kazuto: He's fighting right now. That's why his heart rate spiked. Hold it... Isn't that...

Asuna: An Estoc?

Akiri: If it is then... He's one of the leaders of Laughing Coffin! One of them was a master at wielding one...

Asuna: But who was it...? What's his name?

Aku and Asuna both looked down at his name.

Asuna: St-Sterben?

Kazuto: Isn't that supposed to be Steven?

Aku: No, actually. Sterben is a medical term.

Aki: It's in German. We use the word 'Sterben' when a patient passes on. It means 'death'.

Akiri: Death, huh? Good luck man... you're probably gonna need it...

Gun Gale Online

Location: BoB's Wasteland

Kuroudo's Point of View

I glanced down at his Estoc and smirked.

Kuroudo: Gotta admit... That's an interesting weapon you got there. If I'd known there was one, I'd get it.

Death Gun: You should've done your homework before logging in, Ghost. I got this made with a weapon creation skill. It can't be heavier nor longer but it's good enough as it is.

Kuroudo: That's disappointing, I would've given it a slashing edge and a bit of a curve. I guess you can't make weapons that you'll be happy with.

Death Gun: Still into weapons of high strength requirements? You will never change... it's  difficult swinging that penlight, isn't it?

Kuroudo: It's a bit tough but I'll get used to it. Besides, if it can burn through your Health, then it's perfect.

Death Gun: You have all that bravado but, that's all talk. You sucked in so much of the air from the real world that it made you rusty. You never used Vorpal Strike but here you are. If the Ghost from back then saw you, he'd call you a 'pretender'.