Chapter 16: The Sleeping Knights

<<Alfheim Online>>

<<Kuroudo's POV>>

Was I kidnapped? Yes. Was I worried about it? Yes. Did I care? No. 'Tis no matter.

Yuuki brought me to a tavern with Akiri.

Yuuki: So, Mr. Kuroudo, Mr. Akiri! Let me introduce you to the Sleeping Knights. 

She raised her hand and directed my eyes toward the table before us. There were 5 players, each from their respective race.

Kuroudo: H-Hello...

Akiri: What he said?

Jun: Hi! My name's Jun! I'm glad to meet you, Mr. Kuroudo, and Mr. Akiri!

The other Salamander, now known as Jun, stood with a smile. Another player spoke up, this time being a Sylph.

Talken: H-Hi... Mr. Kuroudo and Mr. Akiri... I-I'm T-Talken. It's nice to meet you- Ow!

Someone quickly interrupted his greeting. 

Nori: Get a grip on your nerves Tal! You're always like this when you meet someone new! My name's 'Nori!' Nice to meet you!

An Undine ignored Nori's bickering and smiled at us.

Siune: I'm Siune. It's lovely to meet both of you! 

We both nodded. Yuuki moved into my line of sight, grabbed my right hand, and got close to my face.

Yuuki: And I'm the leader, more or less! Please don't laugh at us but, we were thinking of beating the boss on this floor.

Akiri: Sure!

He pushed me away and smiled at Yuuki with a thumbs up.

Akiri: Is there anyone else aside from you?

Yuuki: See... that's the thing. We want to do it with our group!

Akiri: HUH?!

Kuroudo: ?

Akiri: That's a lot considering that it's only you guys! Even with us, you probably won't be able to! I mean, a boss raid needs 8 parties consisting of 8 players each! No matter how skilled you are, you won't be able to! In simpler terms, it's unrealistic!

Yuuki: Actually, we approached the last two floors the same way. But before we could do anything, this huge guild swooped in and took the kill.

Akiri: See? 'Unrealistic.'

Kuroudo: I mean, I beat a boss solo once.

Everyone but Akiri: WHAT?!

Akiri: Yeah, but it was on floor 18! This is floor 27! 9 floors higher!

Kuroudo: No crap! I know how to do simple math, but if I can solo a boss, they can too!

Akiri: That's you! And only you

Kuroudo: Bingo!

I snapped my fingers and smirked.

Kuroudo: If I help them, and you do too, they can do it.

Akiri: I-! 

Defeated, he drooped his arms down and sighed. 

Kuroudo: I win, you lose. What more is there to say?

I turned back to the guild.

Kuroudo: Why are you guys doing this, anyway?

Siune: Actually... It's a story from when we first met on another game net community... We hit it off and became close friends. But, unfortunately, we only had until next spring to do a quest together. So, with the limited time that we had left, we needed to do something memorable. Something so bizarre that we'll remember forever.