1

It had been exactly two straight weeks since I brought up the topic of my job interview and it was tomorrow

It had been exactly two straight weeks since I brought up the topic of my job interview and it was tomorrow. I already knew he was against the idea of me working for someone else's company but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting something I've wanted for the longest period of time.

I walked to the bathroom door and sighed, praying the gods would make this conversation go how it was supposed to.

"Hey love", I said in a low voice while peaking through the door to see my husband, buttoning up his white shirt in the mirror.

Looking in the mirror, meeting his eyes in the reflection, he smiled then turned around to face me. He leaned on the bathroom counter and was held up by the support of his muscular hands. I examined all his features. His deep brown eyes that I would've inspected at every hour of the day, his black hair that was always well-kept, standing at about 6'1 feet tall the last time I had checked. I noticed he was wearing the shirt that I had gotten him, and it had fit him perfectly. Everything from the collar down to the buttons and the sleeves. They were rolled up to his elbows, giving me a clear view of the tattoo he had of his own name, in black ink written in cursive. On his wrist, he proudly wore a gold watch that he was gifted from his department.

I had met Allen in high school. While I was the girl you would find in the debate club trying to settle a case of stolen makeup from the girls locker room to rest, he was the high school smartass that every girl would love to cheat off in a math test. Because of my incisive tongue and snappy attitude, Allen claimed he had an eye for me ever since I joined that club, and I believe I loved it at the time. A little over two years later, he asked me to be his girlfriend. The following year, on our favorite beach, under the stars, he proposed to me. Sincerely, it was a dream come true. However, regardless how much in love we were at the time, I had missed his warning signs.

"What's up?" he asked

Walking up to him, I greeted with a smile and multiple kisses all over his face, leaving the last kiss on his neck, smiling into his neck.

Feeling the smile in his neck and inquiring - "What's this for, baby?" while putting his hands around my waist with a successful attempt to pull me closer.

I looked up at him, "So you know, the job I was telling you about?"

He let go of my waist to fold his hands and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Where is this conversation going?" He sternly asked.

Of course, here it was. The downfall of my day and the whole conversation.

"Allen, come on! Can you just hear me out at least? I've been waiting for this for weeks." I pouted.

"Well, I don't see why you don't work for me. You wouldn't have to do an interview or anything."

I backed away and folded my arms, eyeing him up and down.

I can't believe this man.

"You damn well know that I don't specialize in what your company specializes in. I don't see why you don't accept that and move on." I argued.