13

I pulled into the parking lot at about 6:41

I pulled into the parking lot at about 6:41. I wanted to catch up on some work since I've been out of office for 2 days. I put the car in park and sighed, throwing my head back. I put all my essentials in my bag and stepped out of the car after turning the engine off. 

 When I shut the door and turned around,  Tiffany had quickly strut past me with her head high and chest out, along with a phone in between her shoulder joint and her ear. All I could do was watch her because honestly, I felt intimidated. Watching her disappear behind the large tinted doors which led inside the building, I then snapped out of it and remembered I was here to work and not to be watching a pretty but bitchy redhead. 

While walking, I remembered about the encounter between her and Deb. I wondered why their encounter was so heated the first time. That was odd, especially for a first encounter. Maybe, it wasn't a first encounter and they met somewhere before. Maybe, a store? Nah, Deb usually gets her groceries delivered. A clothing store? Tiffany doesn't seem like the time to shop for herself, she strikes me as the type that would get someone buy clothes for her. 

"Good morning, Mrs. Andrews. It's a pleasure to see you again. Are you feeling better?" Gloria's voice had snapped  me from my thoughts. 

I stopped and turned towards her and smiled, "Morning, Gloria. I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking. How about you?"

"Ah, same old, same old." the elder woman smiled. "Ah, I'm not going to take up any more of your time, you probably have things to do." 

I nodded and went to the elevator, pressing the button waiting for the door to open. Suddenly, a familiar redhead came beside me. 

Well, shit.

The door had finally opened and we both tried to step in at the same time, but obviously didn't work, making the situation 10 times more awkward than it was before. 

"You first." I offered, and she accepted.

I stepped in after her and pressed the button to the top floor and looked to my right, looking at her.

"We're going to the same floor, I'm seeing Mr. Matthews." She announced, not even sparing me a glance.

The elevator doors closed and the elevator started going up. Can't this thing go any faster?

She broke the silence, "Mrs. Andrews, can I ask you something?"

I turned to her, "Yeah, what is it?"

She chewed the inside of her lip, if anything, she looked a bit nervous. An emotion I never thought I'd ever see on her in my entire life.

"The other day, your... friend. What's her name?" She finally looked at me.

"Oh, her names Deborah. Deb for short."