11

It was half past 10 and here I was downing my 5th glass of whiskey

It was half past 10 and here I was downing my 5th glass of whiskey. I was tipsy but I'm sure that'll change as the effects of the alcohol were starting to kick in and Deborah had ran off with some chick that I couldn't bother to remember the name of. So here I was, alone by the bar drowning my grief and sorrows away in alcohol, watching women basically throw themselves at rich older men. I took a sip of my drink and sighed.

"Now, what is a beautiful girl like you doing all by yourself?" A voice had said from beside me. I rolled my eyes mentally and turned to face the man.

He was looking at me, with his pearly whites on display. So much for being blinded by the lights. He had brown skin, which was similar to mine and had short black curly hair along with a stubble. He wore a black turtleneck and had a silver chain around his neck, with a matching watch on his left hand. He wore regular black jeans with some sneakers. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't winning in the looks department.

I managed to stiffle a smile at the man, "Why thank you, You're not so bad yourself." I mentally facepalmed myself but I managed to continue smiling.

He took my right hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles while maintaining eye contact with me. "Calvin."

"Estella." There was 0 way I'm giving my name to a stranger, especially at a club.

"As in the stars?" He inquired, tilting his head to the left with his elbow on the counter.

I nodded.

"Tell me about yourself."

My phone had started ringing and I thanked God for sending one of his angels to save me from this moment.

"Hold on, let me take this." I smiled and turned my back to him and stood up, and he followed my actions.

I rolled my eyes and answered, "Hello?"

It was Allen, someone who was far from an angel but I was still grateful, who was apologizing or whatever he was saying because to be honest I wasn't listening since
soft grey eyes had met mine. We maintained eye contact for a few seconds before he nodded and turned away.

"Allen, I'll call you back tomorrow." I said hanging up.

"Well, are you finished with your call so we can talk?"

I plastered a pout on my face and turned towards him, "I'm sorry but something came up. I've gotta go. It was nice to meet you, Calvin." I said, leaving before he can ask me for any other details.

In the process of rushing out of the club, I had bumped into the one individual I was praying not to.

"Mrs. Andrews?" He asked, looking down at me.

Well, shit.

The way he was looking at me started to turn me on and I'm positive its because of the alcohol taking full effect. My legs started feeling wobbly and my head started to spin. All could do was look at the man sculpted by the Greek gods themselves with a stupid expression on my face.