chapter 4

Ana woke up. Lights were flashing in front of her eyes. A white dressed charecter came into focus. Ana screamed quietly. Her voice was hoarse. Olivia looked sad. 'I'm sorry.' She moved away. Ana realised where she was. She was trapped in a wooden treehouse. The girl had vanished. Olivia wasn't smiling anymore. Why? Was it because Ana had just made ice fire? Was it because Olivia wanted her to be like herself? Evil? She needed to know more. She needed to bring Olivia back to the good side. Olivia could help her. Ana decided to test her newly-found powers. She went over to the closed windows and shot her ice-spark at the window which shattered immidately on contact with her magic. She shot more sparks at the wood. The wood burst into flames. She leaped back. 'Wid! Wind!' She gasped out loud. She waved her hands and pointed them at the fire. The strong gust of wind blew out the flames. She instead decided to use a different way to get out. She used hailstones to make a hole in the wall. She fired more and more, widening the hole. When it was wide enough, she leaped onto the ledge behind the window.

If I can do this magic, I can fly, thought Ana. She closed her eyes, hoped hard and jumped. She soared into the air. Spirit was pulling at some ropes holding him to the tree. 'Spirit!' She cried out to him. He shook and reared, whinnying, screaming out for her. Ana drifted down, forgot everything she knew about her magic. She knew nothing could ever change reality, but she knew she had to save her powers for emergencies. She untied the ropes and mounted Spirit.

Ana sped all the way back to the stables, where Linda was waiting. 'What the hell did you think you were doing?'
'I was-'
'Going off looking for the leader?' Linda shook her head.
'Look, I can protect myself!'
'Ha!' Linda replied doubtfully. Ana dragged her outside and took her somewhere quiet. 'What shall I do?'
'Your most succsesful trick,' Linda laughed. Ana shot a spark on the ground, creating the ice-fire she'd used at Olivia. Linda gasped. She stared at Ana. 'What the-'
'Don't worry!' Ana lauhed, 'It's ok!' But Linda was confued. She backed away, turned and ran back to the library.