chapter 5

Ana wasn't sure why Linda was so scared of her magic. She had hoped Linda would be amazed and happy for her. Suddenly, she remembered Olivia. She had said "I'm sorry" before leaving her in the treehouse. She had looked sad. She needed to talk to Linda again. Ana searched everwhere for Linda. She looked in her favourite place; the library. Linda was nowhere to be seen. Ana was about to give up, when she heared somthing just over by the side of the library. By the library was a pipe. Behind the bars sat Linda, turning the pages of her books. "Go away!" Linda snarled.
"I want to know why you ran away," Ana said, looking at Linda sieriously.
"You're like her. Like Olivia. If you want to find anything out, go to your mum. I'm not working for you anymore. Make use of having a druid for a mum!" Linda scowled maliciously at her. She turned away. Ana turned away and ran back to the stables where she mounted Spirit. Shd clicked "walk on Spirit!" They were off.

In time Ana found herself lost. She didn't know how long she'd be traveling for and where she had to head for. Worst of all, she was stuck in a place with no civilisation for a long while. Ana knew someone would know the way to Elmsvale, the mountain druid's circle- a far-off magical place no-one had ever got out of... Exept the druids and... One other... She knew though that she would find it. Ana searched for signposts until she found a forking road. The road jotting out to the left was labeled Applegrove and the right Elmsvale. She breathed a great sigh of relief and took the right path. Soon, Ana got to several different paths labeled Elmsvale manor, mountains of Elmsvale, Alaskias gardens and Readhall Swamp. She thought for a while. Surely if the druids were mountain druids, their hideout would be in the mountains? She took that path. It became muddy. Perfect! She thought, Spirit's hoof prints will be left in the ground so if we don't find the druids, we can follow them back! The path was long, hard and winding. She kept on the muddy path until she came into a deep valley. She looked up at the huge row of snowy-peaked mountains ahead of her and saw a village just bellow. She headed down to the village. Maybe her mother could be in the village!

The stablehand came over to her. "Are you lost?" She asked.
"Sort of. I'm looking for my mother. A druid, Elsbeth Smith."
"Speak to Avaian, the only druid who isn't in today's meeting. He can help you i'm sure of it." Ana nodded, thanked her and left. She traveled over the river to the rest of the village. Avaian was sitting on his gate, dressed in a long beige robe with its hem circled with druid sybols. "Excuse me, sir, I was wondering, as the daughter of Elsbeth Smith, how to get to the druid's circle."
"Daughter of Elsbeth, it is a long and treacherous journey. I will help you tack up in warm gear and trust you to look after the map to Frozendale Mountains and find the spiral which takes you to the circle." Ana was nervous. She knew the journey would be hard, but she had thought getting to Elmavale was pretty much it. No, reaching Elmsvale was just the beggining of her travels.

Avaian put Spirit in the stable and took Ana over to the White Horses cafe where he calmly ordered two cups of tea. Over the tea, he talked with Ana. "I've never told anyone so young how to get to such a place, but you seem so desperate. Why?"
"I am on a quest to defeat the leader of the dark souls, and I am the only one to do it."