Chapter 11

The happiness was slowly wearing out and reality was flooding back into Ana's mind. "chop chop Spirit, not much time!" Spirit snorted indignantly in reply and resentfully moved into a gallop. Ana spotted a flash of green in the trees. "Linda! Want a lift back to the library? I'm going back that way."

"Sure..." Linda rushed over and climbed up, grabbing onto Ana's shoulders for support. Ana dropped her off by the library and began to move on. As she made the move to re mount her horse, Linda came rushing back and hugged her full on. Ana's expression was at first surprised, but soon eased into a gentle smile. "I'm so sorry."

"it's ok! Really!"

"really?"

"uh-huh!"

"now show me one of those magic tricks again." Linda grinned. Ana shot a magical spark up into the sky. It slowly floated down, showering them in little golden sparks. Linda reached up and touched one of the little sparks. She let it rest in the palm of her hand. "I'll miss you..." Linda whispered, "good luck..."

That was it. Ana was going away for the fight of her life. Heading into the little forest. She listened to the little chirping and the twittering birds entwining their voices in a simple, calming melody. The bird song made Ana relax a little. Just as she was beginning to feel better, the birds stoped singing. It was like being slapped by someone when you're trying to dream... She knew what it meant-The Dark Souls were coming... Coming fast... The black trail of horses came to end. The last one was coming. She began to walk her horse over to Ana and raised her hand. Ana felt the piercing ice blue eyes burning into her skin. Terrified, she backed away and tripped. She saw the Leader raise her hand higher and.... She closed her eyes. She saw everything. Suddenly someone new appeared in her mind. It was a woman. Her eyes were black and hollow-merciless, and tired. Her mouth was drawn into a sneer. She stared for a moment but she was gone. Vanished. Who was she? Suddenly, they laughed coldly and whispered, "never mind who I am!"

Ana woke, startled. Avain was looming over her. She felt cold sweat running down her body. Linda and her mother were by her bedside. Her heart was pounding at a million miles per hour. "wh...where am I?"

"The hospital... We found you on the floor a few yards away from the cottage..." 

"How long have I been here?"

"Ages," Linda said.

"I've been in a coma?"

"At first, I think..."

"What do you mean?"

"You were making peculiar gestures and... Shouting and screaming and... Stuff... You went back into a coma and a minute ago you laughed all creepy and said something..." Ana was shocked. She was paralyzed to her bed in fear. "I'll get a bath and try to relax."

"Aw my brave daughter... You've come so far... So brave..." Ana smiled and allowed her mother to embrace her. "Now you go and do that. I'll come and help you." She whispered stroking Ana's hair.