chapter 8

It was the moment of truth. After so long of being with borrowed parents, Ana was truly going to see  her mother again. She dismounted and hugged Storm. "Thank you for getting me here. How can I repay you?" As marked on the map, on the floor was a spiral. The path was scorched on to the floor lined by the snow around it. Storm snorted and they began to circle the spiral that was the portal leading to the druid's circle. As they circled and circled a white hurricane formed in the middle. As they reached the middle, golden sparks emanated from it's centre and suddenly they were enveloped in black. Time and space was moving before their eyes. They were spinning in the darkness until suddenly the darkness stopped and light drifted in as if through a window at morning. It grew brighter and brighter. The light dimmed slowly. Ana closed her eyes and breathed. She walked Storm forwards very slowly and stopped. Her eyes slowly opened again. She saw ahead of her, a cobbled room. In the furthest corner was ring of people surrounding a glowing blue mark which Ana thought looked rather like a giant Pretzel! She stared at them all until her eyes rested on a woman with golden hair falling past her shoulders, a woman she had only seen in photos. "Mum!" She couldn't help shouting. Her mother squinted at her, as if trying to figure out if it was really true. Her eyes suddenly widening. "Ana?" Ana nodded and her mother ran forward and cradled her daughter's head under her own. With her hands under Ana's chin, she looked into her eyes and said, "You've grown so much! I haven't seen you since you were... Four I think... why are you here? Are you in trouble sweetie?" 
"Yes mum..."
"What's the matter?"
"Well... you see... I have to find and destroy the leader of the dark souls... I am the one-the only one- to do this..."
"You need to find her weak spot. Do you know her past?"
"Well I had a vision... She was with a girl and she died... she was screaming at the people and then she went ghostish..."
"Maybe the girl was her friend or sister? You need to tell her they couldn't do anything..."
"Wait... You already know?" Elsbeth nodded. "It's what we're working on. Emma MistRain got sierous brain damage from the fall... They were too late. Of course, Olivia blamed herself. you need to help her realise that being faster was impossible at that time."

"mum, come with me!"

"honey, I can't! I need to be here with the druids! Just remember, I love you and believe in you with all my heart." Ana nodded, "mum, the Jeylkers told me the journey home is dangerous!"

"you must tell the portal to bring you strait to the Jeylker's . See you soon Ana!" She and Storm took the portal to the Jeylker's camp, and leading Storm back, she spotted her horse ready and waiting for her. 'you got back quick!' The Jeylkers cried, 'we did not think you would be back so quick!'

"I took a portal. The druids have loads."

"Ah. I see. De storm is coming..."

"you are not safe..."

"Please... Just give me my horse..."

"Be careful you do not know the danger!" Ana was riding away. She rode Spirit swiftly and steadily. Increasing speed. Just then something hit her. Hard. She didn't know what it was but she clung to Spirit tighter than before. From afar came a deep rumbling. She brushed it off. Then the snow came. The wind was blowing harder than before. The snow stung her like thousands of tiny knives cutting her face. It was becoming a little hard to see. Still, she could see. Then came a louder rumble from behind her. She looked behind to realize it was coming from the mountains. Something more than a storm was brewing. An avalanche was crashing down the mountain. And it was coming. For her.