Prologue

"They mustn't!" A deep, rumbling voice cried from the shadows. Then a large, burly tom emerged, pacing back and forth, a black male watching. "Be calm." The black tom mewed, his whiskers twitching. "This is what we've always  wanted! Finally... A new distraction to the Clans! Then we will make our move!" The black tom's eyes glittered with joy and delight.

       The first tom, the grey one, shot a skeptical look at the black cat. "Really? But we're dead, aren't we?" The grey tom looked at his paws. Instead of starlight glittering from them, shadows surrounded his paws, as they did to the black tom's.

      "Your the mouse brain, Rockstar!" The black tom hissed. "We use the living cats to do our..." The black tom blinked in anticipation, looking at Rockstar.

     "Our bidding!" Rockstar hissed, his eyes suddenly gleaming. "Now I get what you are saying, Night Fall." The grey tom lashed out a law at the bark of a willow tree, scoring it's dark wood. The leaves shook violently. "The Clans will be ours." Rockstar's usual bout of madness was coming. He trembled.

      Night Fall's eyes widened, and he backed away. "Don't overwhelm yourself. We are still in StarClan, remember?" Night Fall blinked. "I'm glad that StarClan found favor in me. It was Blood Eyes that did all the dirty work..."

     Rockstar lashed a paw at Night Fall. "No time to think about your past! The present and future is all that matters." The old leader's eyes gleamed. "Now, with information, we will have the Clans, and they will obey my son's every command!"

    Night Fall nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, my leader! And even better... StarClan will be no more! We will rejoice as we take over the Clans!"