~ Party ~

Ready.... Set.... Go!

Grace's POV:

I woke up to a loud pounding on my door. Ashe knew better than to wake me up this way so she rarely did it. However given the fact that she'd been pounding on my door with such urgency let's me know that it's an emergency. Groaning, I slide out of bed and send a glare at my best friend. Before I could say anything she thrust something into my hands that felt like my phone with a little sigh. "You left your phone downstairs, someone named Adria is on the line." With that I heard her turn and leave. I frowned the phone in my hands wondering why she'd be calling me of all people. Only one way to find out. I clear my throat and and cringed when my voice came out croaky anyways. "Hello?" My thoughts raced as I waited for her to respond. Had something happened to Ty? "Hey chica! Listen the club is having a party and I want you to be my personal guest for the day. Meet the club and see what we're all about. I promise I'll bring you home and drop you off myself."

I sat in stunned silence for a long moment and blinked idiotically at my phone. Did she just say what I thought she did? When there was dead silence on the other end I realized she was waiting on a response from me. "I-I'm sorry but I can't.... I'm not--" My words were cut off by an indistinguishable sound from the other side of the phone. "Oh don't even try that route with me, Grace. I already know something happened between you and West. You shouldn't let that stop you from broadening your horizons. What can it hurt? Come to one party and if you're not comfortable I'll take you home." Damn her and her persuasive ways!  I didn't really know what to expect a biker party to be like and up until now I had never wanted to find out. Maybe this will be a good time to return those sunglasses back to Ty.

"Fine I'll come but I'll need your help with something." I quickly explained how me and Ty had met and that he had given me his sunglasses to replace the one's that I'd broken and how I'd like to return them. When I finished my tale there was a long pause at the end of the phone making me think that perhaps the connection had been lost until she spoke. "Sure, chica, I'll help you out. The way she said it made me suspicious and a little wary but didn't ask what that tone of voice meant. It reminded me of in high school when Ashe and a few of my other supposed friends had planned a surprise party for me. It was two weeks before that fateful night and I'd been completely shocked when they'd picked me up that morning and had taken me shopping with a full mani-pedi and make up. We'd done this before so I didn't think much of it until later that day when we got home I was dropped off unceremoniously a block from my house and made to walk home after a 'fight' with my friend Amy I'd been so mad and upset at the fact that she had picked a fight with me for no reason at all after such a good day and had been abandoned on the sidewalk.

Having forgotten my phone at home I didn't have the chance to call my parents and let them know what had happened. I walked home in the Texas heat and by the time I got home I was just done with the day. Until I noticed something strange. The lights had been all turned off and the house was eerily quiet. At first I'd thought that mom and dad had decided to go do something while they waited for me to come home.... this was not the case at all. I walked in through the door and turned on the light when all of a sudden most of my people in my Senior class had showed up to surprise me for my birthday. And up front and center was my parents and Ashe. Amy stood off to the side with a pleased smirk on her that made me want to smack her. It had been one of the best experiences of my life. Little did I know two weeks later I would be in a wreck that would change my life forever.

The rest of the week went by uneventfully and I worked on getting acquainted with my new puppy who'd I decided to name Nova. She was a laid back pup who loved snuggling and would occasionally got the zoomies she stayed by my side. It was a joy to have someone with me during the day to keep me company. Though it was a challenge I managed to teach her a couple basic commands but knew that she would have to have more extensive training then what I could provide for her. The odd thing was though that Nova seemed to sense what I needed from her. If I dropped something she would push it near my hand or even pick it up for me. It would seem that this dog was meant to happen and I couldn't have asked for the biggest blessing. But it also made me a little depressed as it reminded as to why I had the dog to begin with.