38.

On reaching Amsterdam, they went to a safe house of NIS. Jin called the NIS chief from there in a secured line and briefed him about the mission.
Hearing everything, the chief asked in a serious tone, "do you think you can get the antivirus within the deadline??"

"I'm not giving up yet, sir," Jin said, "If Tina can't make it, I decided to steal it from Dr. Buren."

"That Douglas Bullock will try to stop you. Be careful."

"I will, sir."

"Best of luck," the chief cut the line.

After having a bite to eat, Arya and Tina were sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee, Jin was busy briefing the headquarters.

Looking at the back of the man standing beside the window, Tina commented slightly, "he is an incredible man."

Arya followed her gaze and smiled, "no doubt."

"He is that boy you often used to tell me about, right?"

"Did I?" Arya squinted.

"You don't remember?"

"Bits and pieces, yes." Arya nodded and let out a sigh slowly, "I've got a condition, Tina. I don't remember my past that much. It's getting better, that's why I remembered you and some of our times. But if you ask me precisely, I am not sure."

"You must have gone through hell since I last saw you," Tina tried to smile, "now it makes sense you know? I've always thought you had a fire in you. But I never imagined that you'd be an espionage agent!"

"Funny how our destiny works," Arya smiled and looked at Jin again who was talking on the phone, "I'd never imagined I'd be with the man I never thought I deserve one day!"

"I must say, you two are such a power couple!" Tina whistled a little, "nobody would treat their partner like him, you know?"

"Like?"

"Trusting." Tina nodded, "the way he trusts you is just incredible. He let you fly the plane when we escaped Aalsmeer, he asks you to cover for him, he asks you to kill or do the hard stuff. You know? Man like him tends to protect their loved one. But he? He doesn't hesitate to bring you along with him into the heart of danger. Not because he doesn't want to protect you, but because he trusts your ability and he knows you'll make it through it. Such a great man!"

Arya smiled sheepishly, she didn't think like that before.
But before she can say anything, Tina again said, "I am glad you found someone like him in the end."

"I hope you'll find someone who'll value you too, Tina. I really wish."

"My life isn't that easy, Arya. You know that now. One day, perhaps one day, yeah."

"You must suffered a lot, Tina. All alone." Arya touched Tina's hand, "I promise, when this will be over, everything is going to be easy. You won't have to live in the shadows anymore. I promise you'll again live a life without any fear or paranoia. I promise you that."

Tina just smiled weakly in reply.

Jin again sat in a meeting with his two companions after he came back after finishing his phone calls.
On the way to Amsterdam, nothing special did happen. He and Arya became silent so that Tina can concentrate on her work. After sitting in the meeting, the discussion started again.

Jin asked, "what is the progress, Tina?"

The young Uno shrugged disappointedly. "Not progressing at all. The audio signal is very large, the virus is hidden all over its
different parts. If I make arrangements to stop one part, another part comes and makes a mess."