Chapter 1

I still remember the day that I had escaped the horrible life that I left behind, but I refuse to tell anyone about it. I can not yet bring myself to spill, because I was more focused on running away from the past. I am currently 20 years old, and I am a lot more rich than most people my age, and I live in the middle of one of the thickest wildernesses in the United States. I live currently hidden from the world with up to 600 acres of land. I live in the center of the Hoh Rainforest, the part of it that is not protected by national rights.

You would think that is not possible, correct? Well, it actually is, because that is what my life is. The rainforest is actually known to be one of the largest ones located in the United States, up to over 24 miles of forest along the Hoh River. Though there is a portion of the forest that touches my backyard, or should I say a majority of my several acres. If I was to be exact, I have a square mile of distance of land surrounding my home from all directions, which at the same time is surrounded by trees, fields, and more wilderness. If you were to look at my house like you would a graph, you know with the four quadrants, my house would be located in the first quadrant of the graph, which is also the part of my home that touches the edge of the Hoh river and National reserve. The river runs through the first quadrant all the way through the second and into the bottom of the third quadrant of my land.

I have tons of fields on the third quadrant of my land along with tons of trees in the fourth quadrant along with a combination of both trees and fields in the second quadrant. Why am I so rich? Well, let's just say that my father was one of the most powerful men in the world. He worked for the government, and his name was Mark Bishop. Him and his brother were going out for a business trip when I was little, and let's just say they never bothered to come back. My father and uncle were reported dead, and left me a whole bunch of money in return, which I used to travel to the most untouched land I could find. To leave the world around me behind. One of the nice things about my land is that I also have caves, and some mountainous hills in my land.

Where is the rest of my family? Well, I never had any other family. My mother was an only child and she died of cancer a few years after my birth. I don't have my grandparents, they died a long time ago. And as for my father, well it was only him and his brother. So I was left alone at the age of 17, almost 18 when they died, and I refused to go to a shelter or foster care, so I made it to where with all my money I would be able to live on my own. I don't even use that much money anyways. I have over a billion dollars in a bank account, I used not even half of that to buy my land and home. I gather water from the river, or rain and boil and treat it before I drink it. I farm my own food, and hunt on my land along with having a few chickens on the land for me to live off of. So as I said, my father and uncle left me on my own at the age of 17, and for the past 3 years, I have been living all on my own, I even changed my name to give myself a way to a fresh start. I don't know why, but Bishop never sounded like a friendly last name in my view.

My father always had a shady feature to him, a feature I never really trusted. I always was on my own anyways, so I never really bothered to know, or learn about my father, and the same for him. What is a family? For me, I wouldn't know what that is. All I know is that to me, a family is like a myth, or a fantasy. Something that doesn't seem like it could be possible, or be able to even come true.

Enough about me, though, let's focus on right now. At the moment, I was out roaming around my land, closer to the center of it, working on harvesting some crops and fruit that I had planted for me to live off of. It was about 5 in the afternoon, and I was gathering my crops, after I had been gathering some wood on the farther side of my land. On the very edge of the fourth quadrant of my land. There had been a storm last week which damaged part of my cabin, it was more like a farmer's cabin. It had a basement, which I had dug up myself, along with an upper level, where I lived. The house I had built myself, from the foundation, to the electrics and everything else. I had 4 bedrooms in my home, along with two master bathrooms, and closets. I had two other bathrooms in the house, one on the upstairs level, and one on the main level.