Chapter 9

I sat on Ratchet's shoulders as we all congregated around a large cathedral. Opitmus had not spoken at all during the drive, clearly still irritated with me, but I didn't care. I just wanted to find Bumblebee and rescue him.

"Please let this work." Optimus mumbled as he held a pair of sunglasses in his hand.

"Fire it up, Optimus." Jazz cried from above them, clearly getting impatient.

"The code, the code on these glasses indicates that the allspark is 230 miles from here." Optimus spoke as he shined a light on them, making a projection of a globe in the process.

"I sense the Decepticons are getting ready to immobilize." Ratchet spoke as he turned to Ironhide.

"They must know it's here as well." Ironhide replied.

"What about Bumblebee? We can't just leave him to die, and become some human experiment." Jazz cried, reminding me of how angry I was with my father and my uncle.

"He'll die in vain if we don't accomplish our mission." Optimus replied. "Bumblebee is a brave soldier, this is what he would want."

"Why are we fighting to save the humans? They are a primitive, violent race." Ironhide spoke, making me cringe, but at the same time agree.

"Were we so different? They're a young species. They have much to learn, but I see goodness in them. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there's only one way to end this war. We must destroy the Allspark." Optimus spoke.

"Optimus, isn't that your only way of getting back home?" I asked as I looked up. "Humanity doesn't deserve your help. Like Ironhide explained. My father and uncle aren't the only forms of humans being full of malice and violence. I fear what humanity would do if more people realized that you guys were here in this world."

"We must destroy it, Sorsha. You are right to worry, but as I said, it is every sentient being's right to live and learn. If destroying the cube fails, I will unite it with the spark in my chest."

"That's suicide. The cube is raw power. It could destroy you both." Ratchet spoke up, making me want to panic. I didn't want anyone to die for my world.

"A necessary sacrifice to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes. It's been an honor serving with you all." Optimus replied. "Autobots, roll out." He cried as he ran to the nearest road where the four of them all transformed, with me ending up climbing right back into Optimus's cabin.

Driving along the road, I couldn't do anything as I felt the feeling of dread overwhelm and surround me. I didn't know what to think, but something told me I had to stick with Jazz and Optimus. That something bad was going to happen to one or both of them. I watched as we continued to speed along the highway, until we saw a yellow camaro and a whole bunch of military vehicles behind it. I quickly moved across to the driver's side and looked out the window once it was open.

"BEE! YOU SURVIVED! Thank goodness." I cried as we approached him, to get a few honks back from the bot, before a seatbelt snaked around me, pulling me back into the cabin and holding me down in the driver's seat. I felt tears run down my face as the reality of Bee making it out of Sector Seven continued to hit me. Before I knew what was happening though, Optimus did a hard drift on the road, swerving and spinning around to the other side where he was now following behind Bee and the military. We continued to speed down the road, with Jazz now alongside Bee and us behind the rest of the team, though as we drove, I looked out the side mirror seeing two cars speeding towards us. Barricade I could tell was rushing towards us, but the other one I didn't know who it was, until I started to see them transform. I was able to recognize him even if I didn't know him by name.