Spilled Milk

Pouring a water in a glass that took a minute may be a hyperbolic, but yes, Tzuyu did.

Hearing his sister crying and whining from the couch made him slow, he chose to, for the reason that he don't want to see her like that. Dahyun came and nudge him so he look at her with his sad eyes, "Come on Tzu, give her that glass" Dahyun said and smile trying to cheer him up.

He walk to the couch and give the water to Jihyo then she drink it while hiccuping. Tzuyu lean on the wall near where his parents sits and cross his arms, willing to listen to Jihyo's sentiments.

"S-she poured the juice on me... and fired me... Papa... Mama I'm just worried about Jeongyeon... the princess bullied him for almost every day, I just try to protect him!"

The old mother get up from the seat to rub her back, "Darling, haven't I told you... everyone in this house, that we should not to interfere the royals? Especially the princess... don't talk to them as long as you can unless they talk to you first, that's our rule. This family is working in the palace since I and your father's time. The king and queen trust us because we didn't break rules, so please, my children, be patient..." she paused then look at Tzuyu in the corner, "come here, Tzuyu..."

Tzuyu walk close to his mother and hold her waiting hand, "you... young man, continue on what you're doing, the King and Queen s~"

The old mother cut her sentence when Tzuyu start to speak, "It's always the king and queen! Mama, I did everything you asked me to do... to pleased them, to obliged with them... isn't that too much for a delivery boy like me?! I can't defend my sisters and my best friend because you asked me to be kind! I saw it Mama... everyday, how that princess bully the people like us..." he paused and sighed, "Mama, let's stop working with them! The palace is not for us!"

The old woman glance to her husband in the couch, the king and queen would not like to hear that conviction. So, the father interrupt them as he stand up facing his family.

"Okay, all ears here..." he clear his throat a cue for a longer explanation. "Your mother and I been working in the palace for the longest period of time, and now I am retired and your mother will retire soon as well. Serving them is how we live and you're the next generation to continue serving their family..." he paused then tap Tzuyu's shoulder, "I always reminded you not to disappoint the king and queen, son. The palace is for you... for us, serving them is our biggest honor, they trust us more than everyone here could expect"

Jihyo, Dahyun and Tzuyu just nod, "Tomorrow, I'll ask the princess to bring you back to work, so Jihyo come with me to apologize" the old mother told the eldest. "you can rest now, we have a long day tomorrow, goodnight everyone"

Everyone disperse except Tzuyu so his father wondered, "what son? Do you have something to say?"

"I promise to Jeongyeon to meet him tonight, Papa..." The old father check the time from the wall clock and it says seven quarter to eight, "isn't it late?"

"No, papa... he will be out in the palace at 9, I'll just have to wait for him there"

Tzuyu quickly run off when the old man agreed, after all Tzuyu is becoming adult and he don't want to restrict him under the king's instructions, he has a life to live freely before the king and queen will get him and to live with them as a royal.

He drive the truck he usually used for the delivery and when he arrived, the back kitchen door is always his way to enter the palace, but before that he will pass through the garden full of vines and bushes, the only thing that illuminate the pathway is the led lights scattered in the garden.