Chapter twelve: Being idiots and being worried.

"Stop reading that stupid book!" Flowey demanded, Lira ignored him, continuing to read.

"Don't ignore me!"

"Nope."

"Stop reading."

"Nope."

"Stop saying no!"

"Nope."

Flowey groaned and Lira laughed. "You're an idiot." Flowey muttered. "I know." Lira said.

After a few moments of silence, Flowey spoke.

"This is boring." He said. "Correction: Amusing." Lira corrected, Floweys eyes landed on Lira's notebook. "What DID you draw anyway?" Flowey asked, acting oblivious.

"Wha? Oh, nothing." Lira mumbled. "Then can I see?" He asked, A smirk on his face. "Yeah... No." Lira said. "Come on, just let me see it."

Yes. Flowey's already seen the picture, but he felt the need to embarrass her and he was bored.

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Ple—"

"No."

"I—"

"No."

"I'm—"

"No."

"STOP INTERRUPTING ME!"

Lira laughed, Flowey looked away, huffing in annoyance.

"This is not how you treat a friend." Flowey muttered, Lira's face lit up. "You... Consider me... your friend?" Lira asked.

Flowey tensed, pink dusting his cheeks. "What? No!" Flowey yelled.

"Aww... Flowey, I'm happy you consider me your friend." Lira said with a smile, Flowey looked away. "Idiot."

Apparently that plan backfired.

Lira opened her eyes, looking around the dark room.. She swore she heard someone crying...

She then looked at Flowey, he was hunched over and was shaking. "Flowey..?" She asked, sitting up.

Flowey froze for a moment before shaking his head. "Y-yes?" He asked, turning around and looking at Lira. She couldn't see his face due to the darkness, but she could tell something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly. "Nothings wrong..." He answered. "Flowey... Please, I want to help you... But I can't if you won't tell me what's wrong." Lira said.

Flowey stayed silent for a moment before sighing.

"...It's nothing."

Hurt. Loneliness. Confusion... Hate.

Sometimes she hates being an empath. She hates being able to read peoples (or things) emotions.

She hates having to stop herself from doing the things these emotions tell her to do.

Lira let out a shaky sigh. "I won't push you to tell me, but if you ever want to... Don't be afraid to." Lira muttered, laying back down and closing her eyes.

...

She didn't sleep that night.

To busy worrying to do so.

She ended up worrying everyone else when she slept all day.

Hello. Sorry this took longer to post. My internet was being wacky and my birthday happened a day or two ago.

Spoiler alert (adding just in case)

Also, ever had those times at night when you couldn't sleep.. And all of those negative thoughts consume you? That's basically what was with Flowey.

I'm not going to say exactly what he was thinking about because of spoilers.

Spoiler alert finished.

Well, see you.