Chapter 2

Well, that's it, my life is over if he heard the conversation just now. 'Why is my life so complicated '. How the hell do I get out of this situation.

"Yeah, I'm... fine. Sorry, I didn't mean to fall, I was trying to run away from.."

As I turned to point at Kaeya, he was already gone. That little... I'm going to strangle him the next time I see him.

"You were running away from, work?"

"No, he's gone already"

Wait, if he didn't see Kaeya, he might not have heard that embarrassing conversation!

"And who was that someone that you like the brother of, I'd like to meet them myself and have a little chat about manners"

"Shit"

Ups, did I say that out loud.I'm guessing the shocked face is all my stupidity needs to confirm, Idid infact cuss in front of the one person I refuse to curse around.

"Sorry, but I don't remember who it was"

He frowned, I'm surprised that he wasn't doing so thought the whole conversation, not too Diluc like to have a straight face while talking to other.

"Besides, as someone who talks about teaching other people manner's, your the one who  forgot to help a lady get up"

Then he fully turned his gaze back to where I was still on the ground, to embarrassed to even think property. Then he extended his hand towards me and helped me stand up. Honestly I could have done everything myself...if not for the comically short skirt I was wearing for work.

"Sorry, I just thought you where independent enough to stand up on your own"

"Well, true, but no one could stand up with a skirt as short as this, without an actident happening, you know"

Then his eyes looking down to notice the uniform skirt and quickly turned away 'Was-WAS HE BLUSHING!!!'

"Please stop that, it's to early for the end of the world"

"What..."

"You expensing any emotion, other then anger, just cuz, it's the sign that the world is ending, like I told you, please stop, it's to early "

It was difficult holding back my laughter and when he notice my trying not to show how funny the situation was, his face went back to it's original angry one.

"Well that's better"

"You do realize, I'm just as human as you, right"

"Yeah. But you're just not expressive enough"

Silence came after that, together with a puzzled expression on his face. Was I supposed to explain or... Whatever.

"What I mean is that you almost always look pissed of and if you do smile, it's not cuz you want to, but cuz you have to undurstand"

Still silence 'is he for real' the awkwardness of this situation is killing me.

"You know most people at least say something. Lucky you're handsome or I'd...."

Fuck.

"What did you just.."

"NOTHING. I got to go now, it's late and I have a tone of things to take care of. BYE!"

"Wait! "

I didn't listen, just ran as fast as I could. Did I just tell him he's handsome! Idiot, idiot, idiot! How am I supposed to to look him in the eye now? Wait?WHAT IF HE FIGURED OUT HES THE BROTHER I WAS TALKING ABOUT CUZ OF THAT STUPID COMMENT!!!

-At home-

"Y/n I'm ho... OMG ARE YOU OK!"

"Amber?What am I supposed to do!"

"Wait what, what happened? Why are you crying?!?"

It's was embarrassing and difficult, but I told her all of what happened today. She of course though it was hilarious and started loughing.

"So you just left without explaining?"

" Not like I wanted to make think that I'm in love with one of them"

"Now I have a question for you"

"Go ahead, not like it's going to make the situation worse that it already is"

"What if Kaeya told the knights about this so called 'love' of yours?"

Damn, in the heat of the moment I forgot that he's the biggest loud mouth.

"Wait... WHAT IF HE TELLS DILUC!!!"

"Hahahahaha"

"It's not funny Amber"

"Well it is to me, besides I doubt he'd tell Diluc about it, though he might tease you a lot"

"My life is over"

"Hey don't worry about it to much, you can just tell Kaeya that you were just joking and it will be ok"

"See I could, but the thing is, I wasn't lying... For the most part"

Another wave of uncomfortable silence came and when I turned to see Amber's face I couldn't tell of it was surprise or happynes or something else.

" SO YOU DO LIKE HIM!"

"It's hard to explain but even if I do I can't be with him... Well... just... nevermind"

How so I tell her that I can't fall in love and it's not for me, but for the one who might like my back, I don't want to break them. Not especially not him.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh ?"

" You suddenly went pale,  everything ok?"

"Oh..no it's... nothing, don't worry about it it's just late and I'm a bit tired, it's probably just that"

"Well if you say so. But if you need me I'll be here. You just go rest I still have a bit of work to take care of"

And I walked out to get ready for bed my thoughts still consuming me, never mind, I'll figure it out in the morning.