Chapter 20

" Just as i said, this could mean war, simply because" father" doesn't want me to level"

" This is a lot to process, want do you man war, who are these people"

" They...there a tipe of organization, kinda like bandits, but..not exactly?"

" So there someone who would be a threat eventually and that means it would be best to deal with them now"

" No Jean, they want to have there own... country? They didn't make it clear and i was honestly a bit to you to undurstand that part, but I know that would not be a threat unless someone provokes them ...and this counts"

" Well threat or not why do you think we couldn't take them down, I know for a fact most of the knights would help in it no just cuz they have too, but also cuz they see you as one of us"

" No it would be like taking on a entire country, not to mention there barbarians, ruthless in every way possible, they would you the people of Mondstat, those who can't fight back to there advantage"

" Is there truly no other way "

" There might be, but I'd have to leave Mondstat for quite a long time to confirm it"

"If there's a way to keep you here I'm willing to take risk's, but I'm not willing to let you go, especially of it means losing you, think about how everyone would feel, for Barbaros sake I can't even imagine how hard it would be on Diluc, especially if you'd just disappear like that"

" I know, i know and I'm trying to think of a... OH!"

     The room fell silent for a moment, as Jeans futures went from worry to confusion and my slow build up of anxiety drifted away. It had been more then 3 years the promise was made so my memory of it had become foggy, but i finally remembered it fully.

" I just remembered something that might be of use"

   She simply nodded as if to say 'go on' and i satred with a wave of excitement and new found confidence washing over.

" Though this was a long time ago a vaguely remember another part to the promise i had made and it wasn't to father but someone else"

" And what significants does that have"

" See father is normal lenient, especially when it comes to one of his adoptive children, even more so if there girls, since he sees then as special, don't as why i have no idea, but another person needs me back"

" How does all of this work together?"

" Let's just say father wants me to take over as head of the family and this dude kinda made me promise to marry him if this whole finding one's self on tree years doesn't work out"

" AND YOU PROMISED THAT!"

" Hey it was either a 50/50 with that or him following me for all this time, so I'd say it was a logical desigion at the time"

   In all honesty telling her everything was nerve-wracking, but i need to tell all of this to someone one, I'm to scared to leave. Why was it that every time I find myself some tipe of happynes it goes horribly wrong.

   While overthinking my life i noticed Jean giving me as strange look as if there was something on my face...and then i remembered, there was most definitely a bright blush on my face.

" I'll tell you about it later... Ok"

   It was still silent, Jean was obvious thinking of something. I just can't tell if it's a plan to help or my stupid desigion making, though in all honesty it could be both.

" Sigh, how would you go about in braking this argument"

" I could try talking to father about it, but I worry that just because i chose too go away that the other won't leave you guys alone till you're no more"

" Why would you think that"

   Remembering what happened back then, it made it all hurt.

" Cuz it's happened before...and i don't want it to happen ever again"

    Though i answered my voice came out shaky due to the lump in my throat.

The memories of that day haunted my dreams for a long time in the past, due to recent events it will probably come back again.  Right now more then anything I wanted to be in the safety of Dilucs embrace.

     Jean after seeing my overflowing emotions, decided to take me into her arm's. It was just as safe, yet somehow it was so different, hard to explain, it was filled with love warmth and safety, but it was somehow so different, never the less it was more then enough.

" It ok Y/n we'll help you in any way we can, all of us"

" Thank you"

" You know what, it's probably enough for today, we can continue this discussion tomorrow"

    She was right it was late and that made it difficult to think clearly.

" Umm...do you think i should tell anyone else about this"

" Do you want to?"

" I would, but I'm afraid it would put more people than necessary in some tipe of danger"

" Then for the time being think about it and if you don't feel like telling it will be ok, we'll figure something out, together"

    She looked at me with a soft smile, it made me smile as well, and a wave of relief washed over, there had been so much going on in such a short amount of time, it was nice knowing that I didn't have to face it all alone anymore.

" Ok"

    It was the one simple answer i gave. There was no need to say anything more, it can wait till tomorrow.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

" Love, there's a lot of blood here"