Chapter 10

"So am I going to die?"

"Not while your on this island. I'm going to make sure of it."

"But what will happen to you if I'm not dead. "

"Who cares. "

Pan and I talk animatedly on his couch again. We woke up early this morning, and I wasn't sure I was ready to go outside and face the boys.

"You said something about magic yesterday?"

He rolls his eyes, "if you haven't realized by now, there is magic everywhere on this island, and the only one to control it is me. "

I close my eyes processing this information. Now this island has magic? What's it going to have next, unicorns?

I groan and lean back.

"Aria, I need to go outside and be with the boys, you can stay inside but-"

"No, I'm ready to go." I cut him off.

He puts his hand up in defense, "alright then."

I lace up my boots and step outside, following Pan.

When the boys catch sight of me, their expressions become excited and shocked.

"ARIA!"

They all run up to me with arms open, ready to tackle me in bear hugs.

Pan steps in front of them, blocking me.

"Boys, we don't want to hurt her more, plus I don't know if she's fully recovered. "

The boys all take a step back and nod their heads slowly.

We spend the resting of morning talking and eating. From the questions the boys ask, I'm guessing Pan hasn't informed them on what is happening.

Should I tell them?

"Excuse me," I tell the boys and begin walking over to Pan.

Pan's sharpening log into a spear with his sharpest knife when I reach him.

When I walk over, I expect him to look up, but he doesn't. I clear my throat to get his attention.

He quickly looks up with furrowed eyebrows. "How long were standing there?"

"Just a second," I reply slowly.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were there. What do you need?" He asks in a flat tone as he continues to sharpen his spear.

"Well, I was wondering if the boys know what's happening, you know, with me." I say before sitting down next to him.

He seems to start moving the knife against the spear even faster, like he was upset. Why would he be upset though?

"No, most shouldn't, but there are probably 2 boys who know exactly the situation at hand. " He says fast.

This confuses me more, why would only 2 boys know?

"Well, which boys know?"

He sighs of obvious annoyance, "John and Felix."

I'm still utterly confused from Pan's bland information.

"Why would only they know?"

"This happened before, a long time ago. Since they were some of the first people on this island, only they know. " By the time he's finished speaking, he's stopped with his spear and his head is down.

I look away, baffled with this information. So this has happened before. The only thing I care about is did they live?

"Who was it?" Is the only thing I ask.