Versus the Deep - Part 2

(Dakotas POV)

We raced back to the robot to meet Harris and Leo who were on their way with the submarine.

"Harris your ready?" Mark asked into the Mech-link.

"Yup. Just in the nick of time son!" Harris voice said. "Closing in on your position now."

"Alright. Let's do this." Ryan said, preparing to jump.

"He's always saying let's do this." Leo said. "You notice that?"

"Yeah it pumps up the team." Harris answered. "Plus Spyder has the attention span of a squirrel so you gotta let him know when it's time to -"

"Hey guys." Spyder interrupted. "We can hear you." The whole room went silent before Leo said,

"Let's do this!" The robot dove head first into the bay, which is super cool to see.

"Leo ready to dock with sub mode." Ryan said after we were underwater.

"Submarines locked in." Mark says while we continued to dive.

"Torpedoes." Spyder says, happily. "We got torpedoes."

"Spyder wait till we get to the monster." Ryan tells him.

"Oh but Ryan we have more than one torpedoe." He said as Harris came up in from the elevator.

"Leo's monitoring the sub systems." Harris walked to his chair. "Everything linked up?"

"Everything's fully integrated with Mech-X4." Ryan answered.

"Bringing up our new sonar tracking system." Harris said typing away on his computer. "I just need the designs for the heart."

"Here you go." Ryan technopathicly sent the designs for the heart to Harris's monitor.

"Hm. The hearts made of steal infused with ooze." Harris said curiously, "Harper was a beautiful man."

"What?"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"Seriously?"

"Sorry. Scanning." He said getting back to work. "We got a ping yall!" We followed the tracking system through the water till we came across a monster, the same one Ryan described from the vision.

"What is that thing?" Mark asked.

"It looks like an insect and a shark had a gigantic baby." Spyder said. "Insect-a-shark! Ah, trademark, copyright, Spyder incorporated!"

"Cha-Ching." I sat sideways in my chair, my legs hanging over the arm.

"Well let's light this fish bug up." Ryan said.

"Insect-a-shark!" Spyder corrected launching the torpedoes. The monster dodged everything and came swimming right at as.

"Everybody hang on." Ryan said while we all grabbed the nearest thing to us. When we didn't get hit, we all looked up to the monster just looking as in the face.

"What's it doing?" Mark asked. "It's just staring at us."

"You know what maybe it's friendly, I'm sorry I shot at you." Spyder suggests. The monster than opened its mouth and let out this scream so powerful it sent the robot flying back wards. "Not sorry! Not sorry at all!"

"Where's the monster?." Ryan asked Harris. 

"It's back to stealing the heart." Mark said from the balcony.

"It can dodge our torpedoes, it's faster than anything we've ever gone up against." Spyder added.

"Then we'll have to get close to it." Ryan said. "Leo does this have any type of stealth mode?"

"The best." Leo said through the Mech-links. "It's silent. But deadly!" Harris palmed his face and Spyder burst out laughing at that comment. 

"I told you! I told you!" Harris said through Spyders laughs.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to say that." Leo laughed. 

"What about the monsters sonic blast it goes right through our shields." Harris asked.

"True, but it needs to pause to charge up the attack, giving you a few seconds to take it down." I said.

"Yeah definitely, our best chance is to sneak up on it," Ryan says while we began to creep towards the monster. "Alright let's drill this beast." The drill comes out of the cannon arm as we get closer and when the monster got closer, Ryan sent the drill right through the stomach of the monster, turning it to ooze. "We're not done yet, we still have to deal with the heart. Spyder?"

"Well if your gonna make me." Spyder said. "Hey look at that turns out we are out of torpedoes."

"Seriously?" Harris asked.

"Psych!" He karate chopped the launch button.

"All right, let's get back to dry land." Ryan said, the monster heart exploding in the distance.

—————

Spyder, Mark, Harris and I were in Harris's lab after we docked back at the ferry, while Harris worked on unlocking the data core.

"Why are you guys still working on that busted drive?" Ryan asked, entering the room.

"Dude this thing has information about your birth parents on it." His brother said.

"The data's still encrypted, but there's a way to crack it." Harris said, continuing to work.

"I wonder what they're like, and who they are." Ryan said standing next to me while I sat on the stool across from everybody else.

"Well, I can tell you one thing Ryan, if they're your birth parents," Mark began "they're probably, like, short."

"And probably bad at math." Harris added.

"Ha." Ryan laughed sarcastically.

"Scared of the dark." Spyder also added.

"You know we can do this all day." Mark said. "I got no shortage of little brother jokes."

"You know, I'd bet one of your parents is or was a lumber jack." I add.

"Wow, you're hilarious." He says, unimpressed.

"I mean the flannels gotta come from somewhere, right?" I ask, Spyder and Mark nodded in agreement. 

"Okay, well that's weird." He says. "I seem to be missing a few as of late, you wouldn't know... anything about that would you?"

"Yeah, I don't know anything about that, that's super weird"