Chapter 16

Kayleigh and Jessica were sitting at their local cafe having lunch together. "She just seemed off to me on the phone, I don't get it."

Swallowing the bite of burger she was chewing Jessica shrugs her shoulders. "What do you mean seemed off?"

"I mean she seemed short and distant with me. She didn't answer my calls or texts all day for a start and claims her phoned had died and she was out on a run. I don't know, I tried to invite myself over to watch tv with her and she said no."

"Okay....? Jessica isn't understanding the Omega's worry.

"Lilly normally begs me to come over to watch films together and for her to decline my invitation means something is bothering her."

"Kayleigh I think you are over thinking this and she just maybe wanted to be alone for the sake of wanting me time. I know that sometimes I just want to chill out alone. "

"Yeah, maybe you are right." Kayleigh smiles at her smirking friend. "I am always right, but if it makes you feel any better I will talk with her and see if she okay."

"Thanks Jess, you are the best."

"I know." The Omega say grinning.

--------------------------------------------

Jessica is laying in bed scrolling through her Facebook when she decides to sends a quick text to Lilly.

Jess: Hey wanna hang out tonight..Netflix and chill?
Delivered 16:37

Lilly: Yah. Come over around 6ish.
Delivered 16:40

Jess: sweet cya later.
Delivered 16:42

Jessica arrived at Lilly's just before six-o-clock with a box of pizza and a smiling face to match. Lilly grinned back moving to the side to let her friend come in.

They made their way to the living room and got themselves comfortable with their pizza.

Lilly starts scrolling through netflix until she finds something for them to watch. I know what you did last summer.

They eat their pizza while watching the film in comfortable silence. Half way through the film Jessica turns to Lilly. "So, how are you anyway? We don't hang out as much since you started banging Kayleigh." The Omega laughs.

The mention of Kayleigh has Lilly tensing. "I'm fine." Jessica gives her friend a look that makes her laugh, "what? I am."

"Okay, then explain why you have been ignoring Kayleigh?"

"What..? I'm not." Lilly crosses her arms with a huff. "Is this why you are over to get me to talk about Kayleigh?"

"No, but I did tell Kayleigh that I would talk to you. C'mon she is worried that something is wrong with you. She doesn't understand why you won't return her calls or texts."

"Well you can text her and tell her that I am fine."

"Bullshit, Lilly something is brothering you please tell me what is wrong."

"Fine I'll tell you, I am about to start work with my Dad and Kayleigh is about to leave for college and I have broken one of my promises to Kayleigh..."

"What promise Lilly?" Sighing Lilly finally lets the cat out of the bag. "I fallen for her. I mean I think about her every minute of the day I can't get her off of my mind. I love her and I promised that I wouldn't fall in love."

"Oh dear." Jessica says mouth agape.

"Yes, and now I don't know what to do. I just needed time apart to figure it out and I didn't mean to upset her, but every time I am around her I fall even more in love."

"Have you talked to her about your feelings because maybe she feels the same way? You never know she might have fallen for you to."? Jessica smiles.

Lilly shakes her head, "there's no way she has broken one of her promises and fallen for me, she was very adamant about her rules before we started fooling around."

"I still say talk to her, you never know Lilly she may be feeling the same way and to scared to admit it as well."

They watched the rest of the film together and once it was finished they put on another one and did some small talk throughout the film, but nothing more about Kayleigh.

Once the second film had finished Jessica say her goodbyes to Lilly encouraging her to talk to Kayleigh. Lilly nodded and said that she would in the morning. Lilly had no plans of telling Kayleigh about her feelings, but she would be texting her. She missed the Omega and wanted to apologise for ignoring her.

Once Lilly was ready for bed and under her blanket she picked up her phone and debated if she should give the Omega a quick text or to wait until the morning as it was nearly midnight.

Shrugging her shoulders she decided to text her friend not expecting a reply until the morning.

Lilly: Hey I am sorry for going AWOL on you today I just had a lot on my mind and needed some time to work through it. I'll call you tomorrow okay. x
Delivered 23:45

Just as she was about to put her phone down onto her nightstand her phone vibrated.

Kayleigh: I get it, but please don't shut me out. I missed you!"

Delivered 23:49

Lilly's heart skipped a beat when she read her text message, "I missed you".

Lilly: I missed you to. Talk tomorrow night babe x

Delivered 23:52

Kayleigh: Night babe xxx

Delivered 23:53