Luck Amongst The Stars

(This is the same one shot I posted on it's own, I just kind added it to this)

As soon as Paul didn't hear Emma respond when he called her name, he knew something was wrong. He fumbled with his seat belt until he was able to climb out of the wreckage and search for Emma.

"Paul" Emma croaked as he turned the corner. He lifted the steel plate over her leg and revealed the piece of Rebar stuck through both sides of her leg. Emma eyed the grenade belt Paul had grabbed from the helicopter and said, "Paul, here's what I want you to do. Go around the corner and activate that grenade and toss it by me."

Paul, realizing what Emma was implying, did his best to divert the subject, "isn't the sky beautiful tonight?" Emma looked up and took in the beauty of it all. When she was younger, she got really into astronomy, and it just kind of stuck with her.

"Look! Its Aquarius! The constellation of luck! Did you know that word is translated to luckiest of the lucky?" Paul couldn't help his heart racing as he saw this new side of Emma. "Well, in that case," Paul said doing his best to follow, "we should both make a wish,"

Emma smiled at Paul.

"I wish Paul will survive this shit" Emma repeated in her head. She could notice Paul thinking of his own wish, and he looked very concentrated on it. "What did you wish for?" Paul said soon after

"Oh come on Matthew's, thats not how this works, saying it outloud will make it not come true!" Emma said in pure seriousness. In the distance they heard a boat, and Paul noticed that it was from P.E.I.P.

"Stay here Emma," Paul warned. Its not like she could really go anywhere.

Paul quickly came back and said it was safe. He got on the boat and a soldier scooped Emma into his arms with one swift motion

"She hadn't realized how much blood she lost, until she was sat down and got very dizzy. It took everything in her to keep her eyes from closing, and she can pick up bits and pieces from the members of P.E.I.P. talking "surgery, amputate, hospital" all the while Paul hadn't gotten up from his chair, and was holding Emma's hand.

Paul apparently heard the whole conversation, and said, "ill be right here the whole time," and Paul repeated his wish for the last time "I wish Emma could survive" unbeknownst to him, that would be the last time Emma would fall asleep ever.

Paul carried on his life in clivesdale, knowing that Emma would be proud that her wish came true.