For Tonight - Ja Morant

For tonight, I'm yours. So deny the truth. We'll stay behind closed doors, cause all I wanna do is lie with you. Even though it's wrong to lie with you.
GIVEON

Payton's POV

I sighed, looking at my phone. Ja texted me asking if I was up, and I was debating on if I wanted to respond or not. Things between us were complicated. It was hard to be with an NBA player who was always on the road, plus no one really wanted us to be together anyway. He always told me not to let that get to me, but if I'm being honest, I couldn't help that it did.

"I know you up I saw you posted an instagram story not too long ago." I rolled my eyes, because if he knew I was up why did he ask. Before I could even reply he started to FaceTime me.

"Hello?" I say when his face finally pops up.

"Why weren't you texting me back?" He asks, a little irritated.

"Because I didn't see it."

"Quit lying. You been avoiding me for the last few days. What did I do to you?"

"You didn't do anything Ja, I've had a lot on my mind lately and having you around does the opposite of calming it down."

"So you're saying I stress you out?"

"No you don't, it's just everyone else-"

"I told you not to listen to what everybody else has to say. I'm not in a relationship with them. I'm in one with you, the only opinion I care about is yours."

"Ja, you're used to people having an opinion on you. I'm not, this is all new to me. If it weren't for you I wouldn't be in the spotlight at all. So I don't know how to handle it like you do."

"Payton, I wish you wouldn't let those people get to you. Let me come over, I'll make you feel better."

"Okay, come on." He tells me he won't be long and ends the phone call. Twenty minutes later I hear my front door open. Ja makes his way into my room and gets into bed with me. He cuddles me into his chest.

"You are one of the most important people in the world to me. I'm not about to let anyone make you feel like you're not. You deserve the world and I'm gonna be the one to give it to you. You're mine and I'm yours, tonight, tomorrow, and forever." He kisses my forehead and I nuzzle more into him.

This is one of the things I really love about him. He's quick to reassure me, when I'm doubting myself or our relationship.

"I love you. You'll never know how much I truly love you." I tell him.

"I love you too."

Obviously I'm a fan of short but sweet imagines lol. I'm gonna start doing longer ones, I just wanted to get a few out today. As always, thanks for reading. 🤎