Chapter 17

"How is everything?", Jihoon asks the doctor as soon as they sit together with the reports of his father's master health checkup. It has been almost a week since the entire scene of his father finding out about Dino had happened, and Jihoon just wanted to make sure that none of it has taken a toll on his dad's health.

"Oh he is absolutely fine son. His blood pressure is under control, and all of his other reports are fine too."

"There is nothing alarming, right?"

"No No... As I said, all of his reports are fine... Just make sure he takes all his medicines on time, and eats healthy.. that's all.."

"Thank God...", Jihoon mumbles. He then bows to their family doctor, and leaves the clinic, driving the car away to their house. His father was sat on the passenger seat, pretending to be completely involved in the stock market price on his phone.

"Dad...", Jihoon calls him out softly,
"The doctor said everything is fine... Just keep taking your medicines on time, alright?", he says smiling, relieved to have found that his father was perfectly fine.

His father doesn't answer, but does hum as a response. They haven't talked much since the incident, none of them really knowing about how to start the conversation. Jihoon was clearly disappointed that his father didn't give Soonyoung any chance to explain himself, but stayed quiet thinking about his health, while his father had some other plans going on his head.

"Jihoon..", he spoke after sometime,
"Let's have a talk in the evening.."

"What is it dad? You can just tell me now-"

"Evening, Jihoon.", He said rather firmly, and his son couldn't do much.., other than just silently nodding at him as he takes the turn in the another street.

...........................

"He is fine Soonyoungie...Don't worry..", Jihoon informs his husband on the call, who was just as anxious as him, worrying whether whatever has happened has put a bad impact on his father-in-law's health.

"Really?", Soonyoung sighes in relief, and Jihoon just smiles, "Jihoonie...", He speaks again, "I miss you.."

"I miss you too...A lot.", Jihoon responds to him softly, careful not to let the other hear his silent sobs, "How is everyone else? How is little Dino?"

"They are all fine...They all miss you too", Soonyoung replies immediately, and then tells him briefly about the funny things that happened after Jeonghan and Seungcheol came back from Japan, how Dino would refuse to go to any alphas anymore, clinging only to the omegas of the house, and how they all would sulk because of the sudden betrayal, "I wish you were here Jihoonie...Though it's actually my fault that you aren't."

Jihoon could hear the sadness in his voice, "Don't be like that Soonyoungie...I am gonna be back soon..Just hold on, alright?"
Soonyoung hums rather hopefully, not showing Jihoon as to just how much broken he was because of not having him near him, "I will, Jihoonie...I will wait for you....wait for us to be together again...", he says, Jihoon smiling at his cheerful voice,

"I love you Soonyoungie..", he suddenly blurts out, and the fact that Jihoon would normally always shy away from saying that completely knocks over the somehow controlled emotions of Soonyoung, who now sobs freely, as he says it back,
"I...I love you too Jihoonie...Come back soon please...I really need you."
Jihoon sobs too, comforting his husband over the call, "I will...I will Soonyoungie....soon.."

...........................

"Dad....Here, your tea.", Jihoon says to his father as he places the cup of green tea on the table for them to have the 'talk', as suggested by him.