Chapter 43

Slowly adjusting to the bright rays of sunlight falling onto his face, Jisoo blinks slowly.. He tries to remember everything that has happened.., what Seokmin meant by whatever he had said earlier, and things that happened after that, but all in vain., because the next thing that followed was the omega's knees giving out and him falling flat on his stomach.., finally passing out because of all the hyperstimulation and over-exhaustion that he had gone through. His entire body feels sore, and he can't move a part of himself without wincing, but he does it anyways.., turning sideways to look for his fiance, his heart dropping when he notices that the alpha was no longer on the bed with him.

"D-Dokyeomie?", he mumbles, eyes tearing up at the negative internal thoughts that follow immediately,
'Did I do something wrong? Does he.. does he not love me? Of course he doesn't..', he sniffles while feeling for the untouched skin over his scent gland, 'that's why he didn't mark me...tha-that's why he abandoned me..I..I got rejecte-'

"Hyung..!", a desperate call from Seokmin somehow manages to dodge through all his thoughts and reach his ear.., and Jisoo looks up with his swollen, red eyes to find the younger running towards him,
"Hyung.. Are you awake? I am sorry, I left to get the medicines from the room service... Let's get you up and feed you something okay? Then you can take the medicines.."

However, getting annoyed instead of being happy and relieved after seeing the alpha, Jisoo finds himself angrily snap at the younger, "Medicines for what?!! So I don't end up getting pregnant??!!! You don't even want me to be the one who births your pups, do you? I will tell you what. I am already on injective contraceptives, so you don't have to worry a bit-"

"Wait Hyung, Hold on..Wha-What are you saying?", the alpha's soft, confused voice makes Jisoo look up straight into his eyes, and Seokmin immediately drops everything else to gently cup his face with both his palms,
"Are you...Are you crying, Hyung?"

"Why do you care? It's not like I matter to you anyways.."

The alpha, feeling uneasy after hearing his partner, tries to take off the blanket from Jisoo to squeeze himself beside the omega as well, but then an unapproved hiss and a wave of stressed pheromone from the latter reaches him and he immediately drops the plan. Instead, he just lays sideways on the bed without a blanket, eyes softly gazing at Jisoo's face,
"How can you say something so absurd, Hyung? You know that you matter to me the most.. I lov-"

"Don't !", Jisoo cuts him off by covering his mouth with his palm, and then with quivering lips,
"Don't say things you don't mean.", he hesitantly mumbles to Seokmin, who although wanting to argue with that, decides to hold back himself after sensing his fiance's mood drop and his scent getting more sour than ever.

'He is upset.', the alpha concludes.., feeling extremely guilty. He bends down to gently plant a kiss against the elder's forehead,
"I am sorry Hyung..", he whispers against the skin, and then kisses his right cheek, "I am sorry I was so rough to you when all I have ever promised to do is to treat you with utmost care..". Pecking the left cheek, "I am sorry I wasn't next to you when you woke up today..", he then apologises, before finally going in to gently nibble on the omega's perfectly pink lips, "I am sorry to have upset you.. Please forgive me."

Jisoo squirms in his hold, eyes furrowing deeply,
"Is that all you have got to apologize for?", he mumbles.

The alpha's ears perk up at that, and he gently caresses the elder's cheek,
"Hyung... Is there something else that's bothering you?", he carefully asks.., worries and concerns clouding up his mind when the omega, instead of answering him just huffs in return.