Chapter 39

"So her boyfriend resides in Canada?", Jisoo asks as he hands over a plate full of mini chocolate cookies to Jeonghan. They were seated in their favourite place, the private space on the rooftop.., not long after the technicians finally left.
Jeonghan, previously had continued to notice the sudden dip in the female omega's mood.., and as much as he wanted to avoid addressing that, his naturally caring nature bet him to it, resulting in him going ahead and asking Byeol about what exactly was bothering the young lady.

"Yeah... Apparently he went there to pursue his higher studies..."

Jisoo hums, taking his seat in front of Jeonghan, "Okay...", He responds, crossing his legs to sit comfortably,
"Care to explain? Why is this thing bothering you?"

"It's not bothering me..!", Jeonghan protests quite loudly, only to slump down in defeat when he feels Jisoo's piercing gaze on him,
"Okay fine... Maybe it does bother me a little.."

"Go ahead Jeonghannie... You know I am a good listener."

Jeonghan groans, throwing his head back to rest it comfortably against the cushion,
"She looked really sad you know... She is pregnant Joshuji... She needs him by his side, but he is not there.. I can't even imagine just how hard it must be for her..."

"I understand that it must be hard for her... But what I don't understand is why are you feeling so low Jeonghannie?"

Sighing with his eyes closed, the older omega takes a bite of one of the cookies, savoring its taste for a while before finally responding,
"I was thinking.. you know, being apart from her partner at this point, when she needs him the most.... It's literally nothing but a torture. I can't even imagine what would happen if Seungcheol was about to be apart from me right now.. I don't think I will be able to handle it-"

"Woah Woah... Stop right there Hannie...", Jisoo cuts him off, "Why do you have such thoughts right now? What's going on inside that head of yours?"

Taking a deep breath, Jeonghan responds with a heavy heart,
"I don't know... I have this weird feeling you know... Like something is about to happen.. I feel so uneasy these days."

"Hannie, to be honest... I don't wanna admit , but I too am having this kind of feeling these days.. It's like.. How do I tell..."

"What? For real?"

Jisoo nods, about to speak something when,
"Wait Wait Wait...", Seungkwan's voice interrupts the duo as he rushes to slip next to Jeonghan, quickly lifting the last cookie from the plate before continuing,
"You both don't have to say anything... I have heard it all, and I am, for your kind information, very sure as to why you guys are feeling that way."

Jeonghan and Jisoo stare at each other, trying to make sense out of whatever Seungkwan just said to them. Sighing at the same time, they finally give up.., looking at the younger omega for explanation,
"Yeah? You know everything? What's the reason?"

Seungkwan smiles, happily crunching on the cookie as he takes the last bite,
"I heard Seungcheol Hyung and Dokyeomie Hyung talking downstairs.."

Intrigued, the best friends duo scoot over closer to the younger,
"About...?"

"How can you both say everything exactly the same all the time.. Hahaha.. it's like it's not two of you, but just one person talking... So much in sync."

"What do you mean..?", Another synced response, "When did we?", Another one, "This can't be happening right now..", and another one before Jeonghan and Jisoo finally decide to press their lips together and shut up, making Seungkwan laugh louder than ever.