Versus the Outbreak - Part 2

(Ryans POV)

After Spyder cleared the way of infected students, Mark led us to the kitchen, to the back where the fridge and freezers were. He stopped in front of the freezer, put his hand on the handle and turned back to us.

"Please don't kill me when I open this door." Mark said to me.

"Okay, dude just open the door." I told him as he put a hand on the tip of the weapon Spyder was holding,

"You might not wanna use that," He said to Spyder. He slowly opened the door, and I about lost it at the sight of Kota, out cold, literally, on the floor of the freezer.

"Dude!" I punched his shoulder before crouching down to her. "What did you do?"

"She was infected, and she had me cornered what else was I supposed to do?" He defended as I pulled her out of the freezer, sitting her on the bench next to the freezer, leaning her up against me. Harris came tover and used his mech-link to run a scan,

"Pulse low, oxygen levels okay," he said.

"Okay and the infection?" I asked.

"The ooze seems to be neutralized?" Harris said looking at his mech-link. "The freezing cold must have cured her." I let out a sigh of relief as Spyder stated,

"To bad we can't shove the whole school in that freezer,"

"Wait that's actually brilliant!" I said.

"Wait now I'm brilliant?" He asked. "I don't know who I am anymore!"

"Mark, Harris I need you to get all the students outside, Spyder with me." I stood up. Spyder and I snuck out the school, bringing Dakota with us while I used my powers to summon Mech-X4 from the ferry. The robot stomped on us, sucking us up through the elevator as Mark and Harris began to bring the students outside, Spyder and I rested Dakota down in her chair. I strapped in to the control pad before Spyder said,

"All right I ran some scans, schools completely empty." 

"Good, charging cold cannon." I said. He gave me the nod, for us to both fire at the same time, sending a blizzard over all of the students in the court yard.

"Nice! No more ooze zombies." Spyder said as we both looked out over all the students passed out on the ground.

"How'd I get here?" We both heard Dakota groan from her chair. Spyder and I both chucked to one another. "And why is it so cold?"

"It's not cold, you're just cold." Spyder shrugs.

"Huh?"

"Mark locked you in a freezer." Spyder answers.

"That piece of shit." I walked up from the control pad while she asked, "Why exactly did he lock me a freezer?"

"There was an ooze infection at school, you got infected somehow and freezing cold is the cure I guess." I explained, I helped her out of the chair and showed her the court yard full of passed out students.

"Well okay then." She said.

—————

(Ryans POV)

We all went our separate ways and I sent the robot back to the ferry at went home before the students woke up. Mark and I went out to dinner with our mom and after I was upstairs in my  room working on homework, when my phone buzzed.

Kota<3 - heyyyyyyyy

Ryan<3 - heyyy

Kota<3 - Can I talk to you?

Ryan<3 - when and where?

Kota<3 - Now. On the roof.

I put my phone down, confused I grabbed my gravity puck shoes and walked to my window, opening the window looking up at the roof of Dakotas house.

"How did you get up there?" I asked. She picked up her shoe off the roof, revealing the light blue glow from gravity pucks in her vans. 

"After you made Mark shoes, it gave me an idea for some new vans." She said, though not in her normal happy tone, it was more sad. I put my shoes on, floating up to sit next to her.

"What's up?" I asked. I then noticed she had her Olympic medal in her hand.

"What Harris said about Mark being a jock and getting back to being on varsity, makes me miss this." She held the medal in one hand. I didn't say anything, I wasn't sure what to say. "You know I had to talk about it eventually."

"I know, I know." I said. "I just wasn't looking forward to it."

"Since I was five years old this has been my life." She said running her finger over inscriptions on the back of the medal. "And I'm not willing to give it up." I nodded, trying to understand. I looked over at her when I felt her grab my hand. "But I don't want to give this up either."

"So what does that mean?" I asked.

"I'm going back to skating. To training like I used to." She started to explain, "Just to win a medal was insane, but next time I want to win gold. But I want to do that with you, and the rest of the team, with me. So I'm going to do that, but I'm going to do that from here." That felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. "All that's going to mean is I'm going to be traveling, I'll be out of town when I'm ready to compete again, but I'm not going anywhere." She smiled still clutching the medal in her hand as I laid back on the rooftop with a sigh of relief. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just relieved." I laughed. "I thought the conversation was going in a very different direction."

"Oh get up." She said pulling me back up.

"In all seriousness, thank you." I said.

"No thanks necessary." She smiles.

—————

(Dakotas POV)

After school the next day, all five of us were at the robot, Spyder and Harris were who knows where, Ryan and I were just sitting on the couch in the x-deck, when Mark walked through to the room next door, his new sneakers in his hand. I picked my head up if his shoulder, looking up from my phone and said,

"Go apologize to your brother." He gave me the look telling me he didn't want to before I said "you know it's the right thing to do." He sighs getting up.

"I hate it when your right." He says.

"Well when it comes to most things I'm usually right so get used to it." I said while he smiles and rolls his eyes at me. He walked off into the lab next door while I watched him apologize from afar. They came back in the room as Mark was saying. 

"I turned them down, I'm already apart of a team. And Greys back, the monsters are back. We got a lot to do." He says coming closer to the couch. "But thank you for trying to help, even in that really messed up way." They did their hand shake, high-five thing they always did while I grinned from the couch.

"Awww look at that I was right again." I said laying on my stomach. 

"Boo-yah I did I cracked the data core y'all!" Harris announced coming in to the room.

"Pretty sure that was Veracity." Spyder says following from behind.

"Ryan, check it." He says plugging the data core into a monitor. The screen begins to scroll through hundred of photos of different people. Ryan's north parents are in there somewhere.