Chapter 7

The brightness dies down. Blinking once then twice to adjust your eyesight your eyes widen. Inside the Mafia's HQ, it looked like a casino you had the slot machines, the roulette tables, and the most important place of all the bar. In such a place like this, the sudden smell of liquor and smoke fills your nostrils causing you to scrunch up. God how much you despised that smell.

Leaning towards Mu you ask. "Hey, you sure it's safe to walk around here cuz I'm not liking the numbers of our 'friends' here." You tell her noticing the number of Mafias there were. "Relax the chumps here are either too drunk or too focused on their gambling to notice us here." She says reassuring you. "All you have to do is keep a low profile and act confident." She adds puffing out her chest.

You deadpan at her "...I dont think that's exactly keeping a low profile."

"Ah, you get the picture! Just keep a low profile and act confident at the same so you dont look afraid of them."

"Okay, I guess?" You respond still a bit unsure. 'Hm so act like when I first started middle school? ...Yeah I think I'll nail it.'

"Y/n!" You feel a tug at your sleeve along with a hushed yell. You turn your head to see Hat Kid pointing at something urgently. "Look!"

Confused you look at where she was pointing. There wasn't much you can see other than a Mafia man walking however looking a bit closer something felt a little off. Squinting your eyes a little bit you see something glowing a soft blue color that was in his hands. Your eyes flew open as you realize why trapped in his hands was one of the missing timepieces.

You and Hat Kid would've run after him to get the timepiece but the Man walked into a different area of the HQ. Right as he walked out another Mafia slid in front of the entrance as if he was guarding the next area. You look above to see a sign which read 'Theatre' with a very crooked a. Hat Kid wanting to retrieve the timepiece was about to give a chase till. "What do you think you're doing!?" Mu said holding the back of Hat Kids collar. Are you trying to mess up our plan this early on?" Mu says accusingly.

"Wha- no! It just that- the timepi-" Before Hat Kid could stammer out more responses Mu beats her to the punch saying "Look I know you're trying to reclaim your timepieces and all but trust me you do not want to go in there that place is filled with those Mafia guys." Mu warns her. "Sorry it's just those things are really important to me and I wouldn't want any of it getting into the wrong hands of someone." Hat Kid apologetically explains lowering her head down.

"Hey now it's alright when we bring down all the Mafias here we'll get your timepiece back but right now we have a mission to do so huddle up." All three of you huddled up together in a circle with you having to lower yourself down a bit cuz of your height. "Here's the plan from the last few times I've been here I've found a way to get inside the core of the base where the boss is. In the back of the kitchen there's a cool room where a vent leads into the boss's throne room however we'll need a key so that's where you guys come in I'll sneak into the kitchen and watch over the door while you two search for the key do. I make myself clear?" Mu questions looking over at you two intently.

You nod while Hat Kid gives a thumbs up. "Okay good remember guys we only have one shot at this so none of us cant slip up or else we're back in the beginning," Mu adds. "Yes, mam." You respond to her. "Well then you two search for the key and remember keep a low profile and act confident!" With that, she runs off to wherever the kitchen was.

After that entire speech kneeling back up, your eyes wander around the room wondering where to start the search. As your eyes scour the room specifically the little table booths stop when you notice an all too familiar glitchy figure. You walk over to Badge Seller who appeared he was about to eat some... unappetizing looking food you could see(and certainly smell). "Badge seller?" You muttered out. The sound of their name causes them to turn to you. "Ah, it's you the child from before what are you doing in such a place like this?" They question. "Heh well I could ask you the same question but you do know this is the Mafias HQ right?" You ask explaining what the place was.