Well Here I Go Again

...So yeah I was not planning for that long long LONG hiatus to happen but yeah here we are again I guess...

I don't know how I'm gonna start this but hey it's me RedlessRed and I'm gonna explain what's been going with me and this book and also some info for when I first started this book.

One of the biggest reasons I haven't been able to update this book was because of school. Wow, big shocker I know. Other than school however another thing I was dealing with during the time I was rewriting the chapters was my mental health. To be transparent yet not wanting to share too much info I was going through a whole lotta shit and was at my all-time low when school started again I was dealing with a lot of pretty bad and intrusive thoughts I guess you could say.

Other than mental health, trying to get good grades, and trying to keep up with school another reason was because I started to lose interest in the book which is ironic I guess you could say considering what I wrote in the "Please read" chapter.
So now that you guys know the reasons you're probably wondering what I'm gonna do next with this book. I can't exactly make another empty promise when I say this but my hope is to just either rewrite or make a new plotline leave this story as it is here and start fresh with the new plotline or rewrite.

You might be wondering "But why leave this all here why start fresh?" Well for starters and to be frank looking back at this book gives me second-hand embarrassment but also because I made this back when I was in middle school.

Now going back to the past when I first started this book I was in middle school during the lockdown year and I remember once I finished the whole game I immediately went to Wattpad to see if there were any A Hat In Time reader insert books while there were books that I did enjoy reading I couldn't find any books that I wanted that followed the whole plotline of the game with the reader in it and also with no romance between character and reader.

Sure I read fanfics with OCs that followed the plotline but I still wanted to see reader insert books.

With that I ended up creating this book on a whim with a half-baked half finished plotline with many plotholes all because there wasn't any reader insert books at the time that had the same ideas I had in mind.

So yeah those are the reasons why I haven't been updating and also an insight on how this book came to be now for the big question.

Am I gonna continue this?

As I said before while this book won't be updated anytime soon there is however gonna be another book with a fresh start and a more thought-out plotline it's still gonna be a reader insert, it's still gonna follow ahit's plotline, it's still gonna be platonic with the reader and the characters and there might be some things that stay in that book as well.

Do I guarantee that I will finish the book? Honestly, again I don't want to keep on making empty promises but I do hope that there comes a day when I actually finish it, and considering how I am doing pretty well now than last time and how far I've come I think I feel good enough to try and revive this whole jumble mess of a book.

Sorry if this author's note was long and that this wasn't an actual chapter but I just had to clear things up and update anyone that still reads or is still interested in this book on how I'm doing.

The next time if I do update however that's when you'll know the new book has been made.

Anyway, I hope you have a good morning, noon, or night take it easy out there and peace.