Chapter Fifty-Three

Harry was staring down at a document filled with numbers, both monetary and account/routing. His expression was a quiet confusion, although he knew exactly what he was looking at. He had been the one to put them there.

"I don't know what this is." He frowned, looking up at the two individuals responsible for auditing the business. "I've never seen these accounts."

"They don't look familiar to you?" One asked.

He blinked innocently, taking a look longer at the numbers in front of him, then shook his head slowly and pushed the folder away, "No, what is this?"

They looked at one another. Harry kept up the act.

"Who all has access to these secured accounts?" They slid over another document. This one had accounts that were directly connected to a venture that his father spearheaded.

"These?" He glanced up at them before picking up the documents and flipping through them, "Uh, our CFO, accounting manager, myself, and my father. I think that's it."

"When was the last time you've requested transfers for any these accounts?" The woman asked.

He knew the exact date. Harry had made sure that his footprints were only traceable where he wanted them.

"Maybe last summer? Whenever we acquiesced the Waterton properties. We allocated funds to support the transition. I think it was late June or early July. I had to sign off on it." He said.

They looked at each other once more, this time longer. The man cleared his throat, "Thank you for your time today."

"Yeah, of course," He tipped his head, "I'm here to help. Is there anything else you need?"

"No, you've been a real help." The woman smiled at him.

They said polite goodbyes, Harry leaving the conference room they've coopted for their investigation. The moment they were out of sight, he let his face drop. He was overexerting himself by coming in today, but nothing could be done about that. It was a necessary step in convincing the city he was okay. Showing weakness would do nothing but paint an even bigger target on his back.

When the elevator closed and he was completely alone, he slumped against the wall, holding his stomach. The pain medication that Dr. O'Brien gave him was up in his office. Harry didn't like taking it too much, not wanting to numb his mind in case something were to happen, but he would need something in order to get through the rest of the day. He could already imagine Ivy's disapproval if he got home and collapsed in pain.

Before the elevator opened to his floor, he straightened up, and masked his face. His assistant, Allison, was at her desk. She was texting someone on her phone, frowning at it, until she heard his footsteps.

Immediately, she put it down, straightened up, and smiled at him, "Hello, boss. How'd your meeting go?"

In case anyone was watching, he responded, "It was interesting."

"You've got a call from a Mr. Dev Patil." She told him, "He said he couldn't reach you on your phone."

Harry's phone was currently in his office. It must be important for Dev to call the office number to get ahold of him.

"And Griffin is waiting for you inside your office." She finished.

"Thank you, Allison." He said politely, "Why don't you take a long lunch? On me."

She blushed, looking pleased, "Thank you, Mr. Styles. Do you need anything while I'm out?"

"I'm okay, thank you."