Chapter Fifty-Six

"What do you think of her reaction?" Harry asked once they got home.

Ivy was exhausted. After not sleeping well, then having that meeting with Ren Hayashi, she was ready to take a shower and head to bed. Harry looked tired as well, and she knew he had barely slept last night either.

"You mean non-reaction?" Ivy clarified, because it was true. Ren had listened to everything they had said, but didn't once move a facial feature. She was stone cold. "I think we should have expected it."

Slowly, Harry began to climb up the stairs. He was healing well, but was sore at times, especially after a long day. "I was at least expecting a few questions. Saying nothing at all is almost worse."

"I think she'll gather her thoughts, and come back with all her questions at once." She thought out loud, "She seems like the type to want to analyze the situation before fully confronting it."

"Saskie will be the opposite." He said as they reached their bedroom.

"I agree." She went to their en suite bathroom and turned the shower on. "I'm assuming all four of them will be there."

"They agreed to meet us tomorrow night." He confirmed and unbuttoned his shirt, "I'm sure Saskie has told Anton and Danek to stay quiet during the meeting. It will mostly be her doing the talking, but Tatiana will surely speak up."

"We'll have to watch out for her." Her makeup had come off easily, the wipes thrown in the trash as she started to strip off her clothes. "So, we'll have one night to strategize before we meet Shadow?"

"Yes," Harry stepped in, facing the stream and letting the hot water drip down his front. "I don't know what to expect from her."

"Has CeCe told us anything useful about her?"

He shook his head, wetting his hair before stepping back to let Ivy into the shower. "Only that she is incredibly intelligent and highly untrusting."

"That bodes well for us." She said dryly.

Ivy had her back to him, hair up in a bun to keep it from getting wet. The hot water steamed all around them, warming her up substantially. Closing her eyes, she felt Harry come up behind her, wrapping his arm around her waist to pull her into his chest. Her head tipped back, resting against his pecs, and she hummed in approval.

Soft lips touched down on her shoulder, then her neck. "Our plan is good." He mumbled, kissing up her neck. "They'll see how beneficial it will be to us all."

She took a long moment to answer, stretching out her neck so he could kiss every inch of her neck. "I guess I'm just worried it's too late. That our parents did too much damage."

"Then we'll pivot." He answered, "If it's too late, we'll fight and we'll survive. Cause that's what we do, heiress."

She exhaled slowly, tension dissipating, "We'll survive."

†††

Ivy woke up to five missed calls from Finn.

All from late last night to the early morning, stopping around three am. When she first saw them, her blood ran cold. That was never a good sign, but thankfully, her brother had sent her a text around six in the morning, asking her to call him when she woke up.

At least she wasn't worried he was dead in a ditch somewhere. That was always a possibility in the family business.

Finn picked up after the first ring, "Finally."

"What's going on?" She asked.

"It's Cara." He said, and she could hear the anger in his voice. "She did something really fucking stupid."