6

chapter warning: smut ahead....ehehehe. also. this chapter is long as fuck and for that I apologize lol

"Alright, Mr. Odinson, we just need your signature on the lines with the x's for our contract and then Ms. L/N will sign under that and Mr. Stark will finish us off," Maria Hill presented the contract to Thor Odinson who smiled brightly as he realized the future of advancing the field of Telehealth would be possible with the buy-in of Stark Industries and L/N Enterprises. He had just taken over as the head of his company following his father's retirement and it was his first large scale deal since.

You were proud of him, Thor had come a long way from the party boy he once was, the party boy you once knew very well. You and Thor had belonged to the same social circles since you were children, it was the upside of your parents diversifying their business portfolio and their investments, and the Odinson's running one of the largest medicine and health tech companies in the world. When you read what Thor was trying to do you knew it was best to bring in Stark, he'd given you hell and originally argued that you were only doing it because it was Thor, which may have been partially true, but you knew what he was doing was worth it.

After the signing you shook both their hands and thanked them for thee investment opportunity of a lifetime. You passed along the job of preparing a press release to Pepper and Maria, while you took a much needed break in your office, with the lights off, your head resting on the desk. The week had been long. You always felt bad when you had to make Sam or Wanda pick up and drop off Avery but you knew that this deal wouldn't secure itself. You had spent all day Thursday just making sure the language was perfect in the contract, a job that usually fell to legal but you always personally looked over the contracts to make sure nothing was out of place and that nothing had managed to sneak past you in the negotiation stages.

A knock at your door jolted you from your half asleep state. "Come in!" You hurriedly attempted to fix any out of place hairs from your impromptu almost-nap. "Oh, it's just you," you stated, almost bored.

"Just me, well I'm offended. Usually when I see a gorgeous woman it's 'take me Thor, use me for your dastardly ways,'" the blonde giant joked with a wiggle of his brows causing you to roll your eyes.

"You can hang that pipe dream up because that's not happening happening, Odinson," you jested with a tone that was just as bored as your first statement. Thor's body shuddered in fake disgust causing you to roll your eyes once again.

"I just wanted to say thank you, for giving me a chance. I know you've worked with my father before and that your family has done the some but I appreciate you working with me."

Thor's statement resonated with you. When you're a fresh CEO nobody wants to take a chance on you. It didn't matter how well known your company already was or if you had years of experience under your belt, if you were young then you were dumb according to everybody else, well everybody except your father and Tony Stark.

"Thor we'd be crazy not to work with you," you said with a small smile. Thor was one of the people that you were able to show your softer side to, years of friendship allowed for it. "Now go celebrate with your company, I know you'll probably head to Valhalla tonight anyway," you teased Thor with the name of the bar his brother had opened a few years ago. The one quirk of the Odinsons was they were very keen on their Norse mythology, as evidenced by their sons Thor and Loki.

After Thor left you spent the rest of the day finishing up the paperwork so that you could leave to pick up Avery. Somehow, Avery, with some help from a very excitable Becca, managed to talk you into meeting with the Barnes' for a zoo playdate the next day. Anything if it means I get to see this hunk of man again.

As the two of you waved goodbye you could tell that Avery was practically buzzing with excitement. You'd never seen her this excited to hang out with a friend and it made you realize that this was Avery's first real friend. And who were you to be upset if Avery's best friend just so happened to have a hot dad. You treated Avery to her favorite dinner and ice cream for dessert to somewhat apologize for being MIA the last couple of days, you always wanted to make sure that your daughter knew your love for her was limitless.